Kotagiri Trek and Camping, Coonoor Tripfrom
Kotagiri Trek and Camping
– This trip is a double whammy of hill stations, the offbeat Kotagiri and more famous Coonoor nestled in the high mountains with myriad Tea estates and spellbinding viewpoints.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Kotagiri, situated in a hidden corner of Nilgiris is waiting for your arrival. This silent hill station wants to show its splendor, rejuvenate your mind, spellbind your senses and write a couple of pages in your book of memories. Muddie Trails is just there, to connect you to this wonderful piece of nature.
A place as beautiful as Kotagiri is a heaven for trekkers and campers. There are sunrise and sunset points, forests, rolling hills, tea gardens, intimate waterfalls, and lush green gardens – all in full flow even in all seasons. Trekking in Kotagiri is a gradual uphill climb which starts through the tea estates, along the valley following the river trail. On Day 1, we will trek, we will camp in the heart of tea estates soaking the enchanting views.
We will head to the more popular sibling of Kotagiri – Coonoor on Day 2 which is an ideal base for nature lovers and photographers. A trek in the Hidden Valley offers a delightful experience for all those who are in search of serenity. Coonoor has admiring landscapes, picturesque views, and an excellent atmosphere. We will visit Sim’s Park which is one of the most visited places in Coonoor with its wide variety of flowers, gardens, and huge trees.
Another attraction we will tick off is Dolphin’s nose which is a gigantic rock protruding from a cliff surrounded by canyons on both sides. Catherine falls of Kotagiri which we trekked the previous day is clearly visible from this point.
Finally, we will also visit Coonoor Tea Factory where we can taste freshly brewed tea of exquisite varieties surrounded in lush green tea estates and Eucalyptus trees.
With a bit of shopping, we are all set to head back to Bangalore with a bag full of souvenirs as well as a mind full of memories.
Highlights of the Kotagiri Trip:
- Trek to the majestic Catherine waterfalls
- Take a dip under ice-cold water
- Cave hike, Bison sighting, tribal house visit
- Hidden Valley trek
- Coonoor Sim’s park
- Dolphin’s nose viewpoint
- Tea Factory visit, tasting, and shopping
- Estate Campsite
- Tasty local food
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Schedule
- Drive to Kotagiri, check into our estate campsite, freshen up.
- Have a fulfilling Breakfast.
- Go for a village walk, converse with tribals, hike up to a cave and try to spot some Bison which are abundant in Kotagiri.
- Break for a delicious lunch at the village.
- Trek to amazing Catherine waterfalls, along the river, overlooking endless tea estates on either side, take a rejuvenating dip under the chilled waters.
- Head back to camp, sip a hot cup of tea, relax and rejuvenate.
- Bonfire in the cold weather with a hot dinner.
- Have those long conversations all of us have been longing for.
- Indulge in some group activities organized by your trip leader, make sure the night is well spent.
- Well deserved rest in your assigned cozy tents.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day with a nice breakfast
- Pack your bags, say bye to the campsite
- Drive towards Coonoor, go on an easy trek in the hidden valley
- Visit the most famous tourist attraction Sim’s park, take loads of pictures in the colorful setting.
- Head to Dolphin’s Nose, enjoy the thrilling view with huge mountain gorges overlooking Kotagiri valley and the Catherine waterfalls plunge into oblivion.
- Visit a Tea Factory, taste and shop for your favorite Tea, explore Eucalyptus plantations.
- Drive back towards main Coonoor town, visit the famous market, shop for goodies and souvenirs.
- Start back towards Bangalore, dinner on our way at a Dhaba
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Seasonal variations: ...
- Feb to May (summer): Excellent climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains. Camping is fun. Exquisite sunrise and sunset.
- June to Sep (monsoon months): Thick clouds, persistent rains, wet climate. Weather is highly unpredictable, so we need to carry raincoats. The place really comes alive during the monsoons like all hill stations. We have covered tents for rains, so no worries about camping.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Cold climate during the days, extremely cold nights. Plenty of water in the fall and river. Need to carry thick sweaters. Camping gives the best experience.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other travelers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
Pickup points, Timings:
Stop 1: 9:00 PM
Tin Factory Bus stop
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Underfoot over bridge
Stop 2: 9:15 PM
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur Fly Over
Stop 3: 9:35 PM
Koramangala – Sony World Signal
- Just in front of Sony World Bus stop
- On Intermediate Feet Road
Stop 4: (10:15 PM – 10:30 PM) Based on the traffic
- Silk Board Junction – end of flyover towards EC,
- Just in-front of Aswad Hospital
Stop 5: (10:45 PM – 11:00 PM) Based on the traffic
- Toll Plaza at the end of Electronic City flyover on Hosur road
Things to carry for Kotagiri Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Travel by tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
- Tea Estate Camping (on 3 sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner (veg and non-veg)
- Kotagiri, Coonoor treks
- Visit all places in the Highlights section
- All entry tickets
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
Kotagiri and Coonoor are places for all seasons. Every season offers something special. In monsoons, one can witness river streams and brimming Lakes. Winters are very cold and misty. Summers are very pleasant and offer clear views. Common throughout the year is its cold climate.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!