Coonoor Camping with Kotagiri Trekfrom
This trip will take you to two offbeat hill stations – Kotagiri and Coonoor – nestled in the high mountains with myriad of Tea estates and spellbinding viewpoints.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeCamping, Road Trip, Trekking, Weekend Trip/Trek
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
Coonoor and Kotagiri, the two beautiful hill stations situated in a hidden corner of Nilgiris mountain range, are waiting for your arrival. These pristine hill stations are ready to show their splendor, rejuvenate your mind, spellbind your senses and fill a couple of pages in your book of memories. Muddie Trails is just there, to connect you to these wonderful pieces of nature.
On Day 1, we will head to the more popular of the two places – Coonoor which is an ideal base for nature lovers and photographers. We will camp in the heart of a picturesque tea estate admiring the enchanting views and enjoy the chill night weather. A small trek in the Hidden Valley offers a delightful experience for all those who are in search of serenity. Coonoor has admiring landscapes, picturesque views and an excellent climate. We will pay a visit to Sim’s park which is one of the most visited places in Coonoor with its wide variety of flowers, garden and huge trees.
Another attraction we will tick off is Dolphin’s nose which is a gigantic rock protruding from a cliff surrounded by canyons on both sides. Catherine falls of Kotagiri which we trekked the previous day is clearly visible from this point.
A place as beautiful as Kotagiri is a heaven for trekkers and campers. There are sunset points, forests, rolling hills, tea gardens, intimate waterfalls, and lush green gardens – all in full flow even in summer months. On Day 2 we shall visit a Tea Factory, go on a small trek to Catherine Waterfalls, and take a dip under fresh & cold mountain water. Another attraction near Kotagiri is Kodanad view point which shows us a glimpse of Western and Eastern Ghats.
With a bit of shopping, we are all set to head back to Bangalore with a bag full of souvenirs as well as a mind full of memories.
- Beautiful Hidden Valley of Coonoor
- Bison spotting
- Colorful Sim’s park
- Dolphin’s nose
- Dip in majestic Catherine waterfalls
- Tea Estate Private Camp
- Kodanad View Point
- Tea Factory visit
- Bonfire in chilling climate
- Tasty local food
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, overnight journey to Coonoor.
- Day 1 Schedule
- Check into our estate Campsite, freshen up, have a fulfilling Breakfast.
- Go on an easy trek in the hidden valley, try to spot some Bisons which are abundant over there.
- Have packed Lunch overlooking lush green Tea Estates.
- Visit the most famous tourist attraction Sim’s park, take loads of pictures in the colorful setting.
- Head to Dolphin’s nose of Coonoor, enjoy the thrilling view with huge mountain gorges overlooking Kotagiri valley and the Catherine waterfalls plunge into oblivion.
- Head back to camp, sip a hot cup of tea, relax and rejuvenate.
- Bonfire in the cold weather with hot dinner.
- Have those long conversations all of us have been longing for.
- Indulge in some group activities organized by your trip leader, make sure the night is well spent.
- Well deserved rest in your cosy tents.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Start the day with nice Breakfast
- Pack your bags, say bye to the Estate Camp
- Visit a Tea Factory, taste and shop for your favourite Tea, explore Eucalyptus plantations.
- Trek to amazing Catherine waterfalls, along the river, overlooking endless tea estates on either side, take a rejuvenating dip under the chilled waters.
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Stop over at Kotagiri market, shop for chocolates, spices, goodies and souvenirs.
- Head to Kodanad view point and enjoy enchanting views of mountains as far as our eyes can reach. Spend a pleasant evening over there.
- Start back towards Bangalore, dinner on our way at a restaurant
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pick up points, timings:
Baiyappanahalli Metro: 8:45 PM Tin Factory: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:20 PM Bellandur: 9:35 PM Silk Board: 9:50 PM Electronic City: 10:10 PM Note: There is no dinner stop for any of our trips. Finish your light dinner before starting.
• Back Gate metro entrance
• Kasturi Nagar side (Railway Parallel Road)
• Tin Factory Bus Stop
• Mariyamman Temple side (towards Marathahalli)
• In front of HP world on service road
• Opposite side of Mahindra Showroom
• Under Eco Space sky walk
• Near Aswad Hospital
• In front of Renault Silk Board showroom
• Toll Plaza Veer Sandra on Hosur Road
Baiyappanahalli Metro: 8:45 PM
Tin Factory: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:20 PM
Bellandur: 9:35 PM
Silk Board: 9:50 PM
Electronic City: 10:10 PM
Note: There is no dinner stop for any of our trips. Finish your light dinner before starting.
Things to Pack:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry water bottle, snacks etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rain proof jacket with a hood (from June to Nov)
- Cap/Hat (good to have)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill water at our Camp.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Mar to May (Summer): Excellent climate during days, clear skies, cold nights. Time to escape the heat of Bangalore and hit the mountains. Camping is fun. Exquisite sunrise and sunset. Catherine waterfall usually has water throughout summer.
- Jun to Sep (South West Monsoons): Thick clouds, weather is unpredictable with intermittent rains, so we need to carry rain coats. The mountains really come alive during the monsoons like all hill stations. Camping is still a good experience.
- Oct, Nov (North East Monsoons): The returning North East monsoons bring plenty of showers in these two months. These are the main source of water for Coonoor and Kotagiri. Travelling would be a little difficult this time of the year because of persistent rains.
- Dec to Feb (Winter): Cold climate during the days, extremely cold nights. Plenty of water in the Catherine waterfalls. Need to carry thick sweaters. Sitting in front of Bonfire in icy cold weather gives the best experience.
What is the best time to travel to Kotagiri and Coonoor?
Kotagiri and Coonoor are places for all seasons. Every season offers something special. In monsoons one can witness river streams and brimming Lakes. Winters are very cold and misty. Summers are very pleasant and offer clear views. The only constant throughout the year is its cold climate. Except in the Oct and Nov months where it rains heavily, Coonoor and Kotagiri can be travelled in all other months of the year.
- Travel by pushback Tempo (Non-AC)
- Tea Estate Camping (on 3 sharing basis)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (All Veg)
- Visit all places in Highlights section
- All entry tickets, guide
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Trip Leader
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.