Kodachadri Trek with Malpe, Maravanthe Beachesfrom
Kodachadri Trek with Waterfalls, Jeep Ride, Malpe, Maravanthe Beaches from Bangalore
– Trek through the wilderness of lush green forest, deep valleys while chilling in gushing waterfalls to scale one of the most beautiful mountains of Western Ghats!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
There aren’t too many treks in India that can match the beauty of Kodachadri. The trek will take you through thick forest, sprawling grassland, huge trees, lush green vegetation, and stunning views of surrounding mountain peaks and valleys. Another main attraction of the Kodachadri trek is passing via Hidlumane waterfalls. It’s a routine for trekkers to get wet in the fresh cold water, spend some time experiencing the gush, re-energize and resume trekking. At one point, one would literally walk along the ridge of the mountain which is a thrilling experience. Translated “Jasmine of hills”, Kodachadri trek is at a different level altogether.
The hike, though it’s awesome, will take its toll on your body. So we shall take a Jeep ride back to base camp. This majestic mountain is relatively close to the west coast. On a clear day, we might even be lucky to see the Arabian Sea!
Kodachadri, at a distance of 400 Km from Bangalore, is a trek for all seasons. While monsoons present milky cloud cover, intermittent drizzles, flowing streams that keep us fresh all through the trek, summers present clear views and sunsets that are pure bliss to watch. Sometimes, the sun sets into a thick cloud bed which is very unique for Kodachadri.
All in all, a 10km trek of Kodachadri is a true wonder of mother nature. A trek that cannot be missed. Many would want to return here on a different season.
Highlights of the Kodachadri Trip:
- The mesmerizing Kodachadri Trek of 10 km
- Hidlumane waterfalls
- Bumpy Jeep ride (no trekking down)
- Rainforest pools (only June to Sept)
- Malpe Beach Trip
- Lovely homestay in a forest village
- Good veggie food and campfire
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 0 Journey to Kodachadri!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 The Kodachadri Trek and Jeep Ride
- Reach homestay, freshen up and have Breakfast
- Head to the base of Kodachadri, start the hike after grabbing your packed Lunch from our Organiser
- Trek through the jungle, take a dip in Hidlumane waterfalls en-route, experience amazing landscapes as you hike up through the grasslands, mountain slopes and rich vegetation
- Walk on the thrilling ridge to view a stunning valley as you approach the peak of one of the most beautiful mountains
- After conquering the mountain, relax with the cool breeze hitting your face
- If lucky, witness the amazing sunset on clear days
- Take a bumpy jeep ride back to the base
- Reach homestay, campfire with long conversations, well deserved hot dinner
- A social gathering with light music till late night
- Day 2 Malpe, Maravanthe Beaches
- Wake up, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Say bye-bye to our homestay. Drive towards colorful and buzzing Malpe beach on the west coast.
- Walk barefoot on the beach. Indulge in water sports if they are open.
- Break for Lunch
- Take a ferry ride (self-paid) to St. Mary’s island if it is open.
- Break for a self-sponsored lunch at a restaurant close to the beach.
- Head towards the beautiful Maravanthe Beach for an amazing sunset.
- Start back to Bangalore late evening, have dinner enroute.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home early in the morning
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push back seats).
- Note: This trip involves overnight journey on a push back Seater (not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially last row of the vehicle).
- Basic Dormitory stay with beds, blankets.
- Separate for Men and Women.
- We even have Tent stay. Contact organizers to check availability.
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 packed Lunch, 1 Dinner are included.
- Basic local Veg food is provided.
- Food during journey is self sponsored.
- Please check Inclusions, Exclusions of Kodachadri trek package below for complete list of things included in your trip cost.
- Kodachadri Trek Distance: 11 Km (one way). No return Trek.
- Time taken: Usually 6 to 7 hours.
- Difficulty level: Moderate.
- Terrain type: Mountain climbing, Forest, Grassland.
- Can beginners attempt this trek?
Yes. Many first timers successfully scaled Kodachadri peak.
- Return by off road Jeep ride to base point.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pick up points:
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM Marathahalli: 9:25 PM Tin Factory: 9:40 PM Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
• In front of Udupi Grand restaurant on Service road
• In front of Mahindra Showroom
• Tin Factory Bus Stop towards HP petrol pump
• Metro Station Bus Stop towards Hospital
Silk Board / HSR Layout: 9:00 PM
Marathahalli: 9:25 PM
Tin Factory: 9:40 PM
Goraguntepalya: 10:35 to 10:50 PM (based on traffic)
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, intermittent rains, leeches, plenty of water in Hidlumane falls. It’s a good time to explore places in the surrounding rainforest.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds playing hide and seek, misty landscapes, a good amount of water at Hidlumane, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather to climb, cold nights.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets at Kodachadri. Warm climate throughout. Hidlumane has enough water to take a refreshing dip.
- Travel (Tempo or mini-bus, Non AC)
- Homestay (separate Dorms for guys and girls)
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (all Veg)
- Jeep ride back to base
- Forest guide
- Forest dept. charges & trek permissions
- Campfire (if it doesn’t rain or not too damp)
- Malpe, Maravanthe Beaches visit
- Trip Leader(s)
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Our village homestay is a duplex house with all the basic facilities. It is located in the heart of the rainforest. The surroundings are green, calm, and rejuvenating. One can hear many birds chirping in the morning. The first floor is usually assigned to women, and the ground floor is given to men. Both floors have spacious living rooms to keep your luggage and take good rest. Mattresses are arranged in the night. Both floors can easily accommodate 20 people overall. Additionally, there are 3 Quechua rain-proof tents of 2-sharing, just in case, anyone prefers to sleep outside. There is a common area with a lawn in front of the homestay which is used for the campfire and other activities.
There are common and well-maintained washrooms in different areas of the ground floor. They have bathing as well as a toilet facility. Hot water is provided in a typical village setting by burning wood in a heat chamber.
It falls under a moderate difficulty level. Even first-timers may attempt this trek.
It’s just about 10 to 11 Km one way. However, we do not need to trek back as we take jeep ride back