Kedarkantha Winter Trekfrom
Kedarkantha Trek | Himalayas
Here’s a golden opportunity for you to tick off a fantastic Himalayan winter trek in Kedarkantha. If you are craving to experience snow, play with it, camp on it, this is the trek for you.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Kedarkantha is a picturesque trek in the lap of the Himalayas of Uttarkashi district situated in Uttarakhand state. The overall trek of 24 km is covered in 4 days. It’s good for beginners who wish to try Himalayan trek for the first time.
One can witness up to 13 other Himalayan peaks from the Kedarkantha peak on a clear day. The panoramic view of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges, valleys, and villages from the Kedarkantha summit is a sight to behold.
We will start with a drive from Dehradun to Sankri village which is slightly tiring yet beautiful. You can see snow-capped mountains, free-flowing rivers, and greenery for hours together. The long journey also helps trekkers to slowly acclimatize to higher altitudes.
After a good night’s rest, we will trek from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab on Day 2 gaining a lot of altitudes. The trek path passes through dense forests of pine, oak, birch, rhododendrons and deodar trees. Next day (Day 3) we will ascend to Kedarkantha base, which is one of the most beautiful campsites one can ever stay overnight. On Day 4 we will scale the summit of Kedarkantha with unparalleled views and magnificence of Himalayas, and descend to Har Gaon campsite. We will finally trek back to Sankri through those dense pine forests all covered in snow to finish the most satisfying trek. The complete trek path is like a circuit (round trail).
Kedarkantha, at a height of 3300 meters (12500 feet) above Sea level is a must in the checklist of all Himalayan treks.
Highlights of the Kedarkantha Trip:
- The stunning Kedarkantha trek
- 3 nights of stay in the heavenly, snow-clad Camps
- Highly rated winter snow trek can be done with basic fitness levels
- Witness 13 Himalayan peaks during the trek (Swargarohini, Black Peak, Bandarpoonch, etc
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
Dehradun to Sankri Base Camp
- You may reach Dehradun Airport or Bus stand by morning 7 AM.
- We shall start our journey from Dehradun to Sankri village after Breakfast.
- This picturesque drive covers 220 km through the Himalayas and takes around 10 hrs by our private vehicle
- We will reach a guest house, check-in and take good rest
Sankri to Juda Ka Talab trek
- This uphill trek of just over 4 km takes approximately 5 hours to finish
- We will be passing through jungle trails, beautiful meadows will come across mountain villagers carrying firewood and leaves for their household work, and mules going up and down carrying camping equipment for trekkers
- Today you will move from an altitude of 6400 feet to 9100 feet above Sea level
- We shall also indulge in some photography and sightseeing around Juda-ka-Talab and the adjacent snow-covered grasslands
- Camp overnight with long conversations and stories
Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Trek
- Today we will move from an altitude of 9100 feet to 11,250 feet above Sea level
- The 4 km trek takes just around 3 hours to finish
- We shall walk alongside the oak trees enjoying the serenity of the forest and trek through the dense jungle as we move ahead towards Kedarkantha base
- At around 10000 feet one gets to see and walk over a lot of snow
- The night sky is so beautiful and climate really cold at this point with a warm bonfire to keep the heat flowing in our bodies
- Camp overnight
Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha peak Trek
- Today is the most beautiful day of our entire trip as we move from an altitude of 11250 feet to 12500 feet which is the summit of Kedarkantha
- Today’s long trek will take around 7 hours with 6 km of uphill and flat trail combination
- We will conquer Kedarkantha and revel at the beauty of snow-capped Himalayas. The 360-degree view from the top is simply unforgettable.
- We then descend to 8900 feet which is to our Har Gaon campsite
Har Gaon to Sankri Trek
- We descend further to 6400 feet to reach base point Sankri where we started our journey 3 days back
- As we move along the ridge, we get to see Har ki Doon valley which is also called The Valley of Gods
- We will stay in a guest house today reliving the memories of the trek and going through the breathtaking pictures we took.
Back to Dehradun
- Freshen up and drive back to Dehradun through the amazing landscapes of Himalayas as we stop over at numerous points cherishing the journey.
- We shall reach Dehradun town by evening from 6 to 7 PM. You may book your return tickets any time after 8 PM
- Say Bye to your new friends, whom you shared an unforgettable journey for the past few days and together witnessed a masterpiece of mother nature called Kedarkantha
- Total slots for the trip: 5 or more
- Stay: Guesthouses, Camping
- Food: Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners included during the Trek (all veg)
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Max altitude: 12,500 feet above Sea level
- Trip starting/ending point: Dehradun
- Sumo/Innova/Tempo tourist vehicle based on the number of travelers
- Starting time: Tuesday 6 AM
- Ending time: Sunday 6 PM
- You may book Flight/Bus till Dehradun from your City in India
What’s next after booking your trip:
- The Organizer will get in touch with you, or vice versa. After discussing with him/her, you may book your flights up and down.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a week before the event
- You may discuss many things in the group and get prepared for the trip
Fitness & Preparation:
- One needs to prepare for any treks in the Himalayas (even though a trek like Kedarkantha may be done by beginners)
- It is recommended to achieve minimal fitness of being able to jog for 5 km without taking any break to attempt any trek in the Himalayas
- No major health issues shall be present like Asthma, any breathing problem, Heart problems, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition
- Only those people who understand the complexity of Himalayan travel and treks are advised to book this trek.
- Kedarkantha is an offbeat place with basic facilities. Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand Terms & Conditions that explain the complexities of this trip before booking.
- Travelers are expected to come with an open heart, respect local culture, care towards the environment and climate change, and are willing to help each other.
- The Trip Captain need not have trekked Kedarkantha before. He/She will act as an interface with our driver, local guide and campsites.
- Travel: Dehradun to Sankri to Dehradun by Private vehicles like Sumo/Tavera or similar
- Stay for 5 Nights (2 nights guesthouse, 3 nights camping)
- Food during the trek days: Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners – all Veg
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, Tent, Mattress, Kitchen & Toilet tent, Crampons, Utensils
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Trek Guide, Cook, Helpers who are familiar with local conditions and routes
- A lot of stories related to the trek. Group activities and a lot of memories!
- Food while traveling
- Any kind of insurance, activities, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
- No major health issues shall be present to the traveler like Asthma, respiratory problems, mental ailments, Heart issues, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition which may affect you and others during the trip
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities!
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 29 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- No refund within 15 days, during or after the trip whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, any major or minor issue).
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the entire road trip (60 liters or more)
- A small backpack for basic items (to carry valuables, a water bottle, etc when trekking)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- 2 Passport size color photographs (important for permit)
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (very cold climate)
- A rainproof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain/snowfall)
- Waterproof gloves, thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm)
- Cap/Hat (you may get tanned because of high altitude direct sun rays)
- Sunglasses (important as snow reflects harmful UV rays)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash (facilities over there are very basic)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouses/campsites
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, wet/dry clothes)
- Water-resistant, good grip shoes for trekking, extra slippers to use at guest houses
- Personal medications, any drugs that you may feel necessary (remember high altitude, ghat roads, chill climate)
- No need to carry snacks/chocolates. You may buy at local shops to support them.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!