Kasol Backpacking Trip (7D/6N)from
Kasol Backpacking Trip, Tosh, Manikaran, Kheerganga Treks
Kasol is a paradise where all the birds with backpacking feathers will fly down to. This trip doesn’t leave any stone unturned not just in Kasol, but also in Tosh, Kheerganga, and Manikaran.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
Kasol – a picturesque village in Kullu, stretched along river Parvati is on every trekker’s checklist. There are abundant treks and hikes that take you to absolutely stunning villages hidden far from civilization in their own world and time. One would be surprised with the warm hospitality of the villagers in the Old and the New Kasol, separated by a small bridge.
Along with Kasol, this backpacking trip includes easy treks to the beautiful Himalayan hamlets of Tosh and Challal of Parvati valley.
Tosh, a village lying at the height of 8000 feet on top of a hill surrounded by mountains from all sides. Tosh offers some breathtaking views of the Parvati Valley. It’s a perfect place to get lost in nature.
Challal is a less known village close to Kasol. We will go on a short trek to this village. Challal is nicknamed as Mini-Israel. To reach Challal, first, we will cross the gushing waters of Parvati River via the suspension bridge, and then make our way through the gorgeous pine forests.
Manikaran is famous for its Gurudwara, the hanging bridge across the Parvati river, and the hot water springs. These hot springs are believed to be having medicinal/healing properties as they contain traces of metals such as Sulphur and Uranium. We will go on a day trip here to take a dip in hot water springs and visit Gurudwara. An incredible union of cold and hot water can be seen in the Parvati river. Many travelers love to eat food served with love at the famous “Langar” over there.
Finally, the Kheerganga is one of the most amazing treks that can be attempted by even beginners. About 13,100 feet above sea level, this 12 Km (one way) trek takes you along a number of small waterfalls and dense pine forests. The trek starts at Barshaini with steady increase in altitude. Last 500 meters of the trek is a steep climb. Needless to say, the mesmerizing views after conquering the summit are mind-blowing. Kheerganga trek overall takes 2 days to finish (1 day to hike up, 1 night stay at top, 1 day to hike down). The last 2 days of this backpacking trip are usually assigned for Kheerganga trek.
Come, join Muddie Trails to experience a wonderland called Kasol in Himachal Pradesh.
- Colorful Kasol exploration
- Challal Nature Walk
- Beautiful Tosh Valley Waterfall trek
- Dip in the natural hot water springs
- Visit Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara and hanging bridge
- The stunning Kheerganga trek
- Beautiful Campsite by the Parvati River (Kasol)
- Mountain top Camps at Tosh and Kheerganga
- Bonfire(s) all nights
- Cafe hopping and leisure itinerary
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1 Arrival at Delhi
- Arrive at Delhi and assemble at our pickup points for Volvo Buses – Majnu ka Tilla or RK Ashram.
- From the airport, you can either book a taxi or travel by Metro to reach pickup points.
- Overnight journey to Kasol with a Dinner stop.
- Day 2 Kasol - Challal Day Trek
- The Bus will stop right infront of our Kasol camp. Check into our beautiful Kasol Campsite by the Parvati River.
- Our care taker will assign you a tent. Put your bags inside and freshen up.
- Have a heavy Breakfast, enjoy your morning in the beautiful setting along the river, and get set for a warm up trek to Challal.
- Our Challal trek guide will assemble everyone at the common area, leads you on a muddy trail towards Challal village, which goes against the direction of the the Parvati river.
- Challal trek ends at the Kasol market which is 2 km from our Kasol campsite. Our guide will leave you at market and head back to the camp. You can explore the market, Hippy cafes and try some local food for late lunch.
- You may reach back to our Kasol Camp by a village bus. Note that the last bus is at 6:30 PM from Kasol market.
- Bonfire, Dinner and rest in the tents.
- Day 3 Manikaran Trip
- Get set for a day trip to Manikaran, which is a quaint little hamlet located in the dreamy surroundings of the Parvati Valley.
- Manikaran is about 5 km from our stay. There are many village buses that ply between our Kasol Campsite and Manikaran. Usually there is a Bus every half hour.
- Explore the Manikaran Gurudwara and the Hanging bridge. Note that today there is no need of any guide accompanying you. Manikaran is very easy and safe to self-explore.
- Take a dip in the Hot Water Springs of Manikaran that have medicinal/healing properties. The boiling water which contains Sulphur/Uranium is set to be good for skin and hair. You can see a unique combination of hot and cold water coming from the natural sources.
- If you wish, you can have your lunch at the ”Langar” of Gurudwara which is indeed cooked by using the hot water springs of Manikaran
- Alternatively, you can even have Lunch after returning to Kasol.
- Reach back our Kasol Camp by late evening.
- Bonfire, Dinner, and long conversations with an overnight stay.
- Day 4 Tosh Waterfall Trek
- Have Breakfast and pack your bags. Today you can leave your Large Backpack at the store room of our Kasol camp. You may pack your Small Backpack with clothes/things needed for Tosh, Kheerganga treks.
- Board village bus towards Barshaini (which is a base village for both Tosh and Kheerganga)
- Meet our Tosh guide at Barshaini, half hour trek to our Tosh Cafe/Stay.
- The Tosh Cafe is located on a mountain overlooking the Parvati river and snow capped Himalayas.
- Our care taker will assign you a tent. Put your bag inside and grab a water bottle for the trek.
- Our guide will now take you to an interesting day trek to ice cold waters of Tosh Waterfall. There are few cafes that serve Maggie, Sandwiches and other light food enroute trek path for your Lunch. The overall trek will take 5 to 6 hours.
- Grab some snacks while returning from Tosh village.
- Bonfire (Tandoor setup), hot Dinner and overnight stay at Tosh Camp.
- Day 5 Kheerganga Trek
Note: In case Kheerganga Trek is closed because of heavy snow/rain or any other reason, then we shall do Grahan Trek.
- Start the day with Breakfast. Our Kheerganga guide will meet you at stay.
- Pack your bag, check out from Tosh Cafe, reach Barshini village.
- Start the trek to Kheerganga, which is 12 km long which takes around 6 hours to ascend.
- Enjoy the magnificent views throughout. Take frequent breaks under dense pine forests. Pass by many water streams and mini waterfalls. Break for Lunch at a cafe near a waterfall.
- Reach summit by early evening, out your bag in your assigned tent.
- Take a towel, pair of clothes and head to Kheerganga hot water springs (10 minute walk from our Kheerganga Camp). Rejoice the sight of snow-capped Himalayan peaks around as you take bath in hot water springs.
- Bonfire, Dinner and overnight stay at our Kheerganga Camp.
- Day 6 Kheerganga Trek return
- Wake up to a pristine Himalayan setting with sun rising atop snow called Himalayas.
- Freshen up and have Breakfast.
- Check out from Kheerganga camp, hike down to Barshaini village along with our guide. It will take around 4 to 5 hours to hike down.
- Take the village bus from Barshaini to Kasol, pick some souvenirs, cool t-shirts at the Kasol flea market, and try some local food for one last time.
- Head to Kasol camp, pick your luggage (backpack) board your Volvo Bus from Kasol camp to Delhi by late evening.
- Day 7 Drop at Delhi
- Reach Delhi around 9 AM
- You may book your flight back to your city after 12 noon.
- Stay: Tent stay at Private Campsite(s) with clean Washrooms, Dining areas, Cafes.
- 4 sharing tents with Beds, thick Blankets and Pillows.
- Hot water facility for bathing is available at Kasol (no hot water at Tosh, Kheerganga).
- Mobile charging facility is available in Kasol and Tosh.
- Food: Veg Breakfasts and Dinners included. Lunches are self-sponsored.
- Trek Difficulty: Tosh, Challal treks are easy, Kheerganga is moderately difficult.
- Max altitude: Kheerganga at 13,100 feet above Sea level
What is the kind of stay for this trip?
- Kasol is a Backpackers paradise. One can get to feel the real vibe of Kasol by staying in backpackers dorms or camping where you get to interact with people coming from different parts of the world.
- We picked Camping option for this backpacking trip as it is more close to nature. Our Kasol Campsite is a private property located on the banks of the Parvati river. Just sitting by the Parvati river and doing nothing is one of the beautiful feelings.
- The property has separate shower rooms and toilets that are very well maintained. It has a cafe where you can sit and chill out. You can pay and order snacks, tea, and other beverages during non peak hours.
- There are hammocks, tables, chairs placed by the River for the travelers to relax and enjoy this peaceful setting.
- You will stay for 2 Nights at our Kasol Campsite
What about stay at other places?
- We will also stay 1 night at our Tosh Cafe cum Campsite with similar facilities as Kasol Camp.
- 1 more night stay is at Kheerganga Camp which is located at Kheerganga peak. Over here, facilities are basic.
What about Local travel?
- Travel between Delhi and Kasol is already included (up and down).
- Within Kasol we shall use village buses to travel in true backpackers’ way to places like Tosh, Manikaran and Barshaini.
- Note that these are small journeys of 10 minutes to 1 hour. So it is easy to travel by local Bus.
- Charges for this are very minimal and self sponsored – around 10 to 50 rupees.
What kind of food is provided at our Camps?
- We provide Vegetarian Breakfasts and Dinners.
- Items like Puri Sabzi, Aloo/Plain Paratha are served for Breakfasts along with Chai.
- Dinner will have Dal, Mix veg or Palak Paneer or Paneer Gravy Sabzi with Roti and Rice.
- This food is unlimited during our serving hours.
- Serving hours for Breakfast: Usually 9 to 10.30 AM.
- Serving hours for Dinner: Usually 9 to 10.30 PM.
- Lunches are self-sponsored as we would be traveling outdoors at that time. Kasol is famous for cafes that serve delicious middle eastern delicacies thanks to backpackers who travel from Israel every year.
- There are famous places for Lunch like like Falafel Cafe, Blue Moon Cafe and Sunshine cafe in Kasol.
- There are also many German Bakeries if you are a fan of yummy desserts like Cheese Cakes and Chocolate Brownies.
Things to Pack:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight Large Backpack for the entire road trip (50 liters or more)
- A Small Backpack for basic items (to carry valuables, water bottle, clothes, etc when trekking)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (very cold climate)
- A rainproof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain/snowfall)
- Waterproof gloves, thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm) – especially for Kheerganga and Tosh.
- Cap/Hat (you may get tanned because of high altitude direct sun rays)
- Sunglasses (important as snow reflects harmful UV rays)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash (facilities over there are very basic)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill water at our campsites.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, wet/dry clothes)
- Water-resistant, good grip shoes for trekking, extra slippers to use at guest houses
- Personal medications, any drugs that you may feel necessary (remember high altitude, ghat roads, chill climate)
- No need to carry snacks/chocolates. You may buy at local shops to support them.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- We will get in touch with you. After that, you may book your Flights/Train up and down.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 2 days before the event
- You may discuss about the trek in the group and get prepared.
- Kasol is an offbeat place with basic facilities. Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand the Terms & Conditions that explain the complexities of this trip before booking.
- Expect crowd during Summer season, during long weekends and public holidays. The more the crowd, the more colorful Kasol is. But there might be slight delays or inconveniences here and there.
- Timings/schedules are strictly followed for different treks for this backpacking trip (Challal, Tosh, Kheerganga Treks). A day before itself, our guides will mention exact timings to get ready for treks. If you are not able to get ready by that time, you might have to miss the trek altogether.
- Timing/Schedule is strictly maintained for Food and Bonfire also. If you miss having food at serving hours, you may miss your meal altogether.
- If any of the places are not available for some unpredictable reason (like a landslide, heavy snow/rain, etc), we cannot help it. We will try to suggest alternatives based on the situation.
- Travelers are expected to come with an open heart, respect local culture, care towards the environment and climate change, and are willing to help each other.
- Please book this trip only if you are okay with the above points.
- Travel (Volvos between Delhi and Kasol)
- Stay for 4 Days/ 4 Nights (Usually 4 sharing basis. Tents with Beds, Blankets, and Pillows)
- 4 Breakfasts, 4 Dinners (Veg food)
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Guides for different Treks (Challal, Tosh, Kheerganga)
- Bonfire(s) (if it doesn’t rain or snow at that time)
- Once in a lifetime backpacking cum trekking experience
- Local travel from Kasol to other places (Tosh, Manikaran, Barshaini) by Village Bus
- Any kind of insurance, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
- No major health issues shall be present to the traveler like Asthma, respiratory problems, mental ailments, Heart issues, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition which may affect you and others during the trip
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities!
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel & accommodation.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted
- Absolutely No littering during our travels. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during Treks & adventure activities. There would be separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety while traveling with Muddie Trails. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle that discharges Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by Muddie Trails.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 29 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- No refund within 15 days of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund on the partial payment (advance) done to block your seat for the trip.