Hampi with Hippy Island – Weekend Trip (3D/3N)from
Hampi with Hippy Island – Weekend Trip (3D/3N)
The grand old “lost city” of Hampi (also a UNESCO World Heritage Site) is both flamboyant as well as laid back in its demeanor. A weekend trip to Hampi is every traveler’s delight.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Mumbai, Pune!
Hampi, situated on the banks of the river Tungabadra, is a backpackers paradise as well as Hippie haven. There are many interesting things here like hillocks filled with boulders, monuments, ruins, temples, laid back cafes, arts, shopping and trekking.
Highlights of the Hampi Trip:
- Anjanadri Hill Hike (Lord Hanuman’s birth place)
- Sanapur Lake with Coracle Ride
- The Vijaya Vittala monument guided tour
- Stone Chariot on 50 Rupees note
- Pushkarini (The stepped well)
- Queen’s Bath
- Lotus Mahal
- Elephant’s Stable
- Ugra Narasimha statue
- Virupaksha Temple (The only working temple in Hampi)
- Sunset hill hike
- Social gathering under the open sky
- Day 0 Onward journey to Hampi!
- Board Bus at different pick up points in Mumbai & Pune.
- Overnight journey to Hospet in Karnataka.
- Day 1 Hippy Island
- The Bus usually reaches around 9 AM. Local transfer to beautiful Camp stay towards Hippy Island.
- Freshen up, have fulfilling Breakfast at our café.
- Ride to the base of the Anjanadri Hill and hike up the hill on the northern banks of the Tungabhadra river. Believed to be Hanuman’s birth place, this hillock with a Temple at the top is famous among locals. The views of Hippy Island and Hampi from the top are mesmerizing to say the least.
- Get back to the guesthouse. Have a leisurely Lunch at our charming Hippie café that serves a wide range of delicacies.
- Post lunch, enjoy the cool breeze of the pristine Sanapur Lake, go on a coracle ride on the lake, relax and rejuvenate.
- Enjoy a peaceful sunset from the top of a Sunset hill after a small hike.
- Get back to the guest house & order your Dinner.
- We can have a social gathering at our café with long conversations.
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Hampi
- Start the day early and check out of the stay
- Head to Hampi town, visit the most famous Vijaya Vittala monument, explore its monuments, one of them being – The Stone Chariot on 50 rupees currency note.
- Visit a unique structure called Pushkarini, a perfectly symmetrical stepped water tank that becomes smaller as it goes down.
- Explore Lotus Mahal and Elephant’s Stable.
- Give a visit to Queen’s Bath.
- We will also explore many interesting monuments and like Ugra Narasimha statue with a giant Shiv Ling.
- Have Lunch at the famous Mango Tree Café of Hampi.
- End the Hampi exploration with a visit to Virupaksha Temple in the evening. This is the only working temple in Hampi.
- Walk down to the Hampi Bazaar and shop your bags full with goodies and seveners.
- Local transfer to Hospet town to catch return Bus to Mumbai & Pune.
- Day 3 Back to Mumbai, Pune!
Reach home with beautiful memories and many new friends!
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Travel by AC semi-sleeper bus from Mumbai & Pune.
- Local travel by Private vehicle or rikshaw.
- Hampi is a backpacker’s paradise. The real vibe of Hampi can be felt by staying at Hippy cafes that also double up as stays. These cafes serve delicious food of different cuisines like Indian, Israeli, Continental food.
- Our café is located at a pretty location close to Sanapur Lake. It has comfortable Rooms/Tents and well-maintained washrooms. It gives ample opportunity to interact with other backpackers.
- We will serve you fulfilling Breakfasts on two days of the trip. This will help you get started on the day’s schedule.
- For Lunch and Dinner, you can try ordering your favorite dishes from the menu.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for outdoors (to carry a water bottle, snacks, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Full sleeve cotton t-shirt, track pant is advised for Hampi as it’s a hot place (Oct to Feb)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our guesthouse
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine
- Your personal medications, if any
- Water wear if you wish to take a dip in the Lake
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Pickup points & Timings:
⏲️ 16:00 BORIVALI
⏲️ 16:10 NATIONAL PARK BRIDGE
⏲️ 16:20 MALAD
⏲️ 16:30 MARKET VT
⏲️ 16:30 GOREGAON(E)
⏲️ 16:50 ANDHERI
⏲️ 17:00 DADAR( E)
⏲️ 17:30 SION(CHUNA BATTI)
⏲️ 17:45 CHEMBUR
⏲️ 18:10 VASHI PLAZA
⏲️ 18:20 NERUL LP
⏲️ 18:25 KHARGHAR
⏲️ 18:30 K.L.E COLLEGE
⏲️ 21:15 WAKAD
⏲️ 21:30 KATRAJ
⏲️ 22:00 VADGAON
𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Drop Points on Monday morning will be same as above.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- June to mid-Sept (monsoons): Hampi gets its fair share of rains in this season. As one can guess, spotting sunsets are rare. However, the boulder-filled hills look very pretty in the rain. Release of water from the Tungabhadra reservoir uphill may impact our plans of taking a dip (or coracle ride) at Sanapur lake or exploring Hippie Island on Day 1. A visit to the Anjanadri hill offers a panoramic views of rocky valleys and green paddy fields and banana plantations typical to Hampi.
- Mid Sept to Feb (winter): The weather opens up for the beautiful sunsets that Hampi is famous for. Lots of Hippies, especially from Israel visit Hampi this season. Hampi turns colorful and vibrant. Anjanadri is the best place to enjoy a peaceful sunset.
- Mar to May (summer): Gets really hot from mid-March. We usually don’t organize Hampi in these months.
Which is the best time to visit Hampi?
There are two best seasons to visit Hampi – monsoons, and winter.
- Monsoons (Jun to Sept) offer a pleasant climate to explore Hampi which is a naturally hot place because of its bouldery terrain. Overcast weather and drenched landscapes offer a gorgeous picture of the lost city. One would miss sunsets, but that can be compensated by abundant water in lakes and rivers.
- Winter (Oct to Feb) presents hot days and pleasant nights. This season brings lots of Hippies to Hampi from different countries. Taking shower in the lake waters gives much-needed respite. Lovely sunsets become new normal.
- Summer (Mar to May): Hampi gets very hot. Better to avoid.
- Travel by AC semi-sleeper bus from Mumbai & Pune
- Local Vehicle or Private Rickshaw for sight seeing (2 days)
- Accommodation at a beautiful Cafe cum Guest House
- Coracle Ride at Sanapur Lake
- Monuments entry charges
- Local guide at Vijaya Vittala monument
- Electric Vehicle ride to Stone Chariot
- Social gathering at our cafe
- Trip Leader
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
Terms and Conditions
- You may register by paying 50% booking amount through UPI to following number: 𝟗𝟖𝟐𝟕𝟎 𝟑𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗
- Remaining half amount shall be paid after boarding Bus Friday eve.
- Above advance amount is non-refundable, non-postponable for any reason whatsoever.