Gokarna, Dandeli, Murudeshwar, Honnavar Tripfrom
Long weekend special trip to Dandeli, Gokarna, Murudeshwar, Honnavar
Indulge in water sports on the free flowing Kali river of Dandeli, trip to most famous beach destination Gokarna, followed by spiritual town of Murudeshwar and backwaters of Honnavar.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy to Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Adventure seekers!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include – (Package costs INR 1300-1500/- usually)
White Water Rafting, Zorbing, Swimming, Boating, Ziplining, Kayaking
Each activity above costs between 100 to 350 INR. White Water Rafting costs approx. 600 rupees. We have a window to enjoy whichever watersports you wish to do based on their availability at that time. You may avail of these sports directly by paying cash over there.
Important notes on rafting:
The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on Saturday morning.
No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
Life jackets will be provided for all the activities.
**Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on that morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
Adding to the excitement – the most famous destination in Karnataka. – Gokarna. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Kudle Beach. Interesting thing is, there are also a few more beaches that can only be reached by trek like Paradise Beach and Half Moon Beach. These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods, and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
Murudeshwar is a temple town with a spellbinding view of gigantic Shiva statue in the backdrop of Arabian sea. The huge statue is surrounded by Sea on three sides. The Murudeshwar Beach is just a small walk from the temple.
Honnavar is a hidden gem that is famous for it’s beautiful backwaters. A boat ride on the Sharavati River originating from western ghats is a refreshing experience. A thrilling view of setting sun at the same time is a cherry on the top to end Dandeli trip on a high.
So, what are you waiting for? 😉
Highlights of Gokarna, Dandeli, Murudeshwar, Honnavar Trip:
- Gokarna Beach Trek: Om Beach, Half moon Beach, Devil’s Hell Beach, Paradise Beach
- Dandeli Water Sports at discounted price
> Short River Rafting
> Raft Boating
- Murudeshwar Temple
- Shiva statue & the Beach
- Honnavar Backwaters & Boat ride
- Sunset at Sharavati river
- Bonfire(s) with Music
- Good food
- Combination of Adventure, River, Sea and Spirituality in the same trip 😍
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐2000+ reviews)
- Day 0 Journey begins!
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Dandeli Adventures
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful private property campsite away from the town, with facilities like tents, dormitories, clean washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Note: Sometimes because of travelers of previous day, our check-in time may be delayed as tents are not yet prepared for us. In the meantime, we will freshen up. Around 9 to 10 AM we might be given tents.
- Freshen up and fuel up with a really heavy Breakfast
- Drive to the adventure land on the banks of river Kali, and indulge in day-long water activities. The special discounted price of water activities is mentioned in the overview of this trip.
- Come back to the campsite for late Lunch.
- (Time permits) We will explore one optional place near Dandeli and spend some time in a serene environment.
- Chill out at the camp in the evening, freshen up.
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will organize group activities. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- We shall play our music, sing, and dance under the open sky
- Well-deserved hot dinner both veg and non-veg
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Kudle beach dip, Gokarna beach trek, Sunset
- Wake up call at 6 AM, quick freshen up, have breakfast, check out of our camp, and start our journey towards west coast.
- Have Breakfast enroute. It takes 3.5 hours to reach beach town Gokarna.
- Check into the homestay, freshen up, change to beach wear. Play at Kudle beach for an hour.
- Break for Lunch at beach shacks, chill out for some time.
- Go on a famous Gokarna Beach Trek covering 5 beaches: Om Beach ~ Half moon Beach ~ Small Hell Beach ~ Paradise Beach ~ Belekan Beach.
- Hit the beach where ever you wish to, take a dip. It’s time for those slow-mos, boomerangs, and jumping pictures.
- Gokarna is usually a safe place to play in the sea in summer and winter.
Note: Safety is utmost priority. One has to take care not to go too deep into the water.
- Experience a peaceful sunset with the reddish-orange Sun slowly dipping into the ocean.
- Return to stay and refresh.
- Order your Dinner at the restaurant near our homestay.
- Bonfire, social gathering till late at night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Day 3 Murudeshwar and Honnavar
- Freshen up, have Breakfast, check out of the stay.
- Go on a picturesque 2.5 hours journey to the temple town Murudeshwar sitting pretty overlooking Arabian sea. Visit giant Shiva statue, the temple and break for Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Honnavar Backwaters and go on a Boat ride on Sharavati rivers. A beautiful sunset is surely an icing on the cake.
- Start back to Bangalore by late evening, over night journey.
- Dinner on the way at a Dhaba.
- Day 4 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna Beaches, Dandeli, Murudeshwar and Honnavar trip with friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo Traveler or Mini Bus (with push-back seats).
- Note: This trip involves an overnight journey on a pushback Seater (Not sleeper or semi-sleeper).
- We request you to book this trip only if you can handle slight discomfort (especially the last row of the vehicle).
- Dandeli: Homestay with Tents & Dorms on sharing basis.
- Gokarna: Homestay with Dorms on sharing basis.
- The stays have well-maintained washrooms.
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley).
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc).
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID).
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September).
- Shorts, T-shirts for water sports (in winter/summer).
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned big time).
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh).
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to).
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsites.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes).
- Good grip sandals or shoes for the treks (Gokarna and Yana).
- Your personal medications, if any.
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea.
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip.
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – Dandeli can get cold at night as its close to the forest.
- Carry a lil bit of cash for meals that are self-sponsored and for misc. expenses like drinks and shopping.
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Central Silk Board Bus Stop: 8:00 PM
- In front of Udupi Grand – Service Road going towards HSR Layout
Marathahalli: 8:25 PM
- In front of Mahindra Showroom
Tin Factory: 8:40 PM
- Tin Factory Bus Stop
Goraguntepalya: 9:35 to 9:50 PM (based on traffic)
- Metro Station Bus Stop
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Travel (Tempo or Mini-bus, Non AC)
- 2 Nights stay at Dandeli and Gokarna
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
- Visit to all the places mentioned in the Highlights
- Bonfires (if it doesn’t rain) with music under the open sky
- Trip Leader(s)
- Trekking guide
- All entry tickets
- Honnavar Boating
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Water activities like River rafting, Ziplining, Kayaking, Boating, etc.
- Lunches and dinners on Day 2 and 3
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
As we are amidst a pandemic, please go through the following blog of Travelling in the times of COVID-19 and COVID FAQs before deciding to join the trip.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to email@example.com to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
Our stay is a well maintained private property close to the forest, away from Dandeli town. It is a peaceful, spacious place with a good feel and all the basic facilities. The tents are big enough to have space for your luggage also. The stay is beautifully lit up in the night. There are a separate dining area and campfire, music zone. It’s a good place to click selfies during day time. Don’t forget to wake up early on Sunday morning to witness serene sunrise with birds chirping around.
There are plenty of neat and clean washrooms for both men and women.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.