Gokarna Beach Trek, Camping | Hyderabadfrom
Gokarna Beach Trek, Camping, Waterfalls, Caves from Hyderabad
– The Sun-Kissed Beaches are calling you. Gokarna is a great place for an offbeat beach trip with white sand beaches, pine/coconut trees, camping/shacks, beach trek, beautiful fort, pristine waterfalls, and gigantic caves.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Kudle Beach. The interesting thing is, there are also 5 offbeat beaches that can only be reached by trek. Is it like hopping from one beach to another? Not so simple! These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
We will start our trip by visiting Vibhooti waterfalls of western ghats to take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water. is simply rejuvenating. A visit to Yana caves in the thick rain forest is equally thrilling. This is one of the highlights of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
We shall explore gigantic formations of Yana caves deep inside the jungle by trekking.
Camping in Gokarna, especially on Nirvana private beach, is a beautiful experience. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
The next day, we’ll go on an amazing hike to hidden beaches that are separated from Gokarna town by the Aghanashini river. The green sprouting hills with panoramic views, clean white sand beaches and the river merging into the sea is an experience that will refresh both your mind and soul.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful destination that is Gokarna!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- The maximum time you will spend enjoying Gokarna and other places (full weekend). No rush to catch a Bus/Train like other trips.
- Gokarna Om Beach
- Belekan Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Devil’s Hell Beach
- Half Moon Beach
- Kudle Beach
- Gokarna Main Beach
- Most beautiful Nirvana Beach Camping
- Campfire & Music under open sky
- Dip under soul-soothing Vibhooti waterfalls
- Yana Caves exploration
- Gokarna Temple, Flea market
- Lots of Entertainment!
- Start from Hyderabad, an overnight journey
- Board our private tourist vehicle at Hubli Bus stand
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. We have to trek 3 km on a broken road to reach caves. Sometimes there are open-top jeeps dropping people up and down. You may take one of them if you don’t want to strain yourself too much.
- Drive towards the west coast, reach Nirvana private beach campsite
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Freshen up in the neat and clean bathrooms, have a nice breakfast in the dining area.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under a starry night
- You may order food, and it will be served on the beach close to the tents
- Social gathering till late night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Hit the beach, take a quick dip in the sea before freshening up (take advantage of having a beach camp)
- Freshen up, head to the trek starting point, marvel at the Aghanashini river merging into the Arabian sea, have Breakfast
- Amazing Beach trek covering 5 Beaches!
- Belekan Beach, Paradise Beach, Devil’s Beach, Half Moon Beach, Om Beach
- Have a relaxing Lunch at Beach shacks of Om Beach
- Visit Kudle Beach by vehicle, take some snaps, tick off yet another beautiful beach
- Head to Gokarna town and explore flea market, visit Gokarna Temple and main Beach
- Drive back to Hubli town by night
- Board return Bus by 9:30 PM and head back to HYD with beautiful memories
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip and camping with friends and family.
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Stay at our private beach camp on sharing basis on Nirvana beach
- Clean washrooms, dining area, luggage room included
- Food: Self-sponsored
- Trek difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Trek distance: 6 Km on Day 1, 6 Km on Day 2
- AC Volvo Semi Sleeper Bus up & down between Hyderabad and Hubli
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Gokarna (Non AC)
- Trip start time: Friday night around 9 PM
- Pickup/ Drop: Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Trip end time: Monday morning around 7 AM
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like trekking, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. The warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go for swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Mirjan turns very dry and Yana caves are okay.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Mirjan Fort is very beautiful, Vibhooti waterfalls and Yana caves in the jungle give a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti. Best time for Yana caves. Mirzan fort is okay.
- 8 amazing Beaches of Gokarna, Temple, Flea market visit
- AC Travel from Hyderabad, Non AC Local Travel
- Camping on 3 or 2 sharing bases, luggage room
- Clean washrooms, dining area, restaurant to order your food
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana caves
- Trip Lead
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand cancelled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s) and/or involving in physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time (note that this trip involves point to point Bus booking)
- No refund if cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip
- MGBS: 9:00 PM
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it is very cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for food, shopping, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
Read the detailed Terms and Conditions here.
Got more questions? Check out here!