Gokarna Beach Trek, Vibhooti, Yana Tripfrom
Gokarna Beach Trek, Camping, Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana Caves from Hyderabad
– The Sun-Kissed Beaches are calling you. Gokarna is a great place for an offbeat beach trip with white sand beaches, pine/coconut trees, camping, beach trek, pristine waterfalls, and gigantic caves.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Gokarna is easily the most famous destination in Karnataka. There are famous Beaches like Om Beach and Gokarna Beach. The interesting thing is, there are also 5 offbeat beaches that can only be reached by trek. Is it like hopping from one beach to another? Not so simple! These Beaches are separated by hills covered with forest. One has to climb up the hill, trek through the woods and reach the next beach. Sounds exciting, eh?
We will start our trip by visiting Vibhooti waterfalls of western ghats to take a dip under chilling fresh mountain water. is simply rejuvenating. A visit to Yana caves in the thick rain forest is equally thrilling. This is one of the highlights of the trip. There’s something magical about waterfalls that will refresh your senses and instantly make you happy.
We shall explore gigantic formations of Yana caves deep inside the jungle by trekking.
Camping in Gokarna, especially on Nirvana private beach, is a beautiful experience. The music, the delicious food, the campfire, the sound of the waves, a stroll on soft cold sand under starry night adds up to the amazing experience.
The next day, we’ll go on an amazing hike to hidden beaches that are separated from Gokarna town by the Aghanashini river. The green sprouting hills with panoramic views, clean white sand beaches and the river merging into the sea is an experience that will refresh both your mind and soul.
Come, join Muddie Trails on this exciting journey to a wonderful destination that is Gokarna!
Highlights of the Gokarna Trip:
- The maximum time you will spend enjoying Gokarna and other places (full weekend). No rush to catch a Bus/Train like other trips.
- Gokarna Om Beach
- Belekan Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Devil’s Hell Beach
- Half Moon Beach
- Gokarna Main Beach
- Most beautiful Nirvana Beach Camping
- Campfire & Music under open sky
- Dip under soul-soothing Vibhooti waterfalls
- Yana Caves exploration
- Gokarna Temple, Flea market
- Lots of Entertainment!
- Board Bus from Hyderabad, an overnight journey.
- Get down at Hubli Bus stand, board our private tourist vehicle.
- Head out to take a dip under magnificent Vibhooti waterfalls. There is a change room close to the falls. The ice-cold water will refresh your senses. There is even a natural pool if you know swimming. For non-swimmers, there are lots of rocks to sit on and shallow water overlooking the falls.
- Have a basic lunch at a local restaurant. Note that there are not many options for good food at this remote location.
- Explore Yana caves in the dense forest. We have to trek 3 km on a broken road to reach caves. Sometimes there are open-top jeeps dropping people up and down. You may take one of them if you don’t want to strain yourself too much.
- Drive towards the west coast, reach Nirvana private beach campsite
- The captivating setting of our campsite right next to the beach will excite and thrill you. You will fall in love with the place the moment you see it.
- Freshen up in the neat and clean bathrooms, have a nice breakfast in the dining area.
- We will lighten up the bonfire, play music under a starry night
- You may order food, and it will be served on the beach close to the tents
- Social gathering till late night and chill out.
- Take well-deserved rest, good night!
- Wake up to the fresh morning breeze and birds chirping on the private beach
- Hit the beach, take a quick dip in the sea before freshening up (take advantage of having a beach camp)
- Freshen up, head to the trek starting point, marvel at the Aghanashini river merging into the Arabian sea, have Breakfast
- Amazing Beach trek covering 5 Beaches!
- Belekan Beach, Paradise Beach, Devil’s Beach, Half Moon Beach, Om Beach
- Have a relaxing Lunch at Beach shacks of Om Beach
- Head to Gokarna town and explore flea market, visit Gokarna Temple and main Beach
- Drive back to Hubli town by night
- Board return Train by 9:00 PM and head back to HYD with beautiful memories
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Reach home early in the morning.
- Share your beautiful experience of Gokarna beach trip and camping with friends and family.
- Food: Self-sponsored
- Trek difficulty level: Easy to moderate
- Trek distance: 6 Km on Day 1, 6 Km on Day 2
- Sleeper Bus from Hyderabad to Hubli
- Pickup: 8:30 PM at Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Gokarna (Toofan/Sumo/Tempo or similar)
- Sleeper Train from Hubli to Hyderabad
- Drop: Lingampalli/Kacheguda railway station around 9:30 AM
- Note: All transportations are Non AC
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Blanket for your bus/train journey.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for beaches.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes is fine for Gokarna Beach Trek.
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater (for winters)
- Carry enough cash for food and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like trekking, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Clear views, amazing sunsets. A warm climate throughout the day, an ideal time to take a dip in the sea and go swimming. Vibhooti has enough water to take a refreshing dip. Yana caves provide a good experience.
- June to mid-Oct (monsoon months): It’s a wild and wet season for Gokarna. Trekkers aren’t allowed to enter the Sea because of the high tide. The rains will hit hard. It’s a good time to chill out and enjoy the beauty of the place. Need raincoats for the trek. Vibhooti waterfalls and Yana caves in the jungle give a thrilling wild experience.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Misty weather, peaceful sunsets, pleasant weather during days, cold nights. A good amount of water at Vibhooti. Best time for Yana caves.
- 7 amazing Beaches of Gokarna
- Gokarna Temple, Market visit
- Travel by Sleeper coaches, private vehicle
- Beach Camping at a private property (3 or 2 sharing), luggage room
- Clean washrooms, dining area, restaurant to order your food
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain at that time)
- Vibhooti Waterfalls, Yana caves
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gandikota, Hampi, etc)
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gokarna, Dandeli, etc)
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund if you were not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
We have beach camping as well as beach shacks at a well maintained private property on Nirvana beach. Our stay is far away from the usual crowded beaches of Gokarna which we avoid during our trip. This is one reason the trip is named Gokarna’s “private” beaches. You will be given luggage rooms on a gender basis. There are a separate dining area and lot of places to chill out. The Nirvana beach which is right ahead of our stay is pretty clean and huge. It is usually safe to play in the water. There is a private area for our tents and the campfire on the beach. Our travelers love the ambiance and the vibe of the place.
There are 5 washrooms each for men and women which are well maintained. Since the stay is blended with nature, expect a lot of sand everywhere.
February 13, 2021 - February 14, 2021
Available (Starting Friday evening 7PM - Return Monday morning 7AM)