Dudhsagar Waterfalls Trek | Mumbaifrom
Dudhsagar Trek from Mumbai
– Dudhsagar is a waterfall straight out of a fairytale, that cascades from the sky when monsoons hit western ghats. A trek to this heavenly falls is both thrilling and awe-inspiring.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
The Sea of Milk as they call it, Dudhsagar, is a trek to savor. The waterfall located in the middle of majestic Western Ghats is surrounded by lush greenery. Dudhsagar is the fourth largest waterfall in India at a height of more than 1000 feet.
The trek starts at Kulem railway station, adjacent to the railway track and through the forest sometimes. The 22 km up and down trek of Dudhsagar falls usually takes 6 to 7 hours to finish in a leisurely way. The muddy trails, sticky paths, dense forest, tunnels, streams to cross – we have it all during this amazing trek.
There is a natural pool at the bottom of the falls where we are allowed to take a dip with life jackets when the flow is not high. Dudhsagar is so huge that a moving Train passing on a railway bridge across the backdrop of waterfalls appears like a toy!
Dudhsagar is a place where one can truly experience nature in all its glory. A relaxing train journey back home is what you exactly need to cherish the unforgettable image of Dudhsagar on your mind.
Join us and #getmuddie in the Sea of Milk, Dudhsagar!
Highlights of the Dudhsagar Trek:
- The majestic Dudhsagar Trek
- Trek through dense forest
- Cross streams
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Mumbai, an overnight journey by sleeper train to Madgaon.
- Day 1 Schedule
- Get down at Madgaon at 2:30 AM, switch to private vehicle, 1-hour journey towards our Mollem guesthouse near Dudhsagar.
- Freshen up and get set for the mighty Dudhsagar Trek with trekking shoes, raincoat, armed with hand sanitizer to fight leeches.
- Trek through the muddy trails, dense forest, river streams to reach the big daddy of waterfalls The Dudhsagar.
- Have Breakfast with Tea on the way.
- Enjoy the view of the majestic falls almost dipping down from another world.
- Watch as a Train passes by on the railway bridge at the top.
- Play in the water if allowed at the time.
- After spending a good amount of time appreciating the natural wonder, Dudhsagar, start the trek back to Collem by 11 AM. Finish trek and reach base point Collem around 2 PM.
- Have lunch, grab your luggage, start the journey back towards Railway Station to catch the return train by 5:15 PM.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Reach home early in the morning
- Share your thrilling Dudhsagar trek story with your friends and family
- To enter Goa, you will need to carry a COVID negative RTPCR test report taken within 72 hours.
- Otherwise, a Rapid Antigen Test will be done at Goa Railway station at a cost of 300 INR per person
- There is no luxury involved in this entire trip. This is a backpacking trip with basic facilities.
- Lokmanya Tilak: 3:20 PM
- Thane: 3:40 PM
- Panvel: 4:20 PM
- Panvel 4 AM
- Thane 4:50 AM
- Dadar: 5:30 AM
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry a Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Thick clouds, persistent rains, leeches, plenty of water in Dudhsagar falls. We may not be allowed to take a dip in the natural pool because of the fierce force of water. Trekking is allowed in these 3 months only, as Jeeps which are operated by the local tourist boards, cannot pass by the streams.
- Oct to Dec (winter): As rains reduce, Jeeps take the turn of ferrying people to Dudhsagar. Trekking is banned at Dudhsagar once Jeep path clears. However, another waterfall called Tambdi Surla is good to trek in these months. You may refer to another trip itinerary named: “Dudhsagar Jeep Trails with Tambdi Surla Waterfalls trek.”
- Jan to May (winter, summer): As Dushsagar is a seasonal waterfall, water levels would have considerably reduced. Better to avoid Dushsagar in these months.
- Travel by Sleeper Train, Private Vehicle (Non AC)
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (all veg)
- Rooms for freshening up
- Forest department permissions, entry fees the trek
- Trek Leader/Local guide
- Food during your train journey
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
It falls under a moderate difficulty level. Even first-timers may attempt this trek. It gives a great experience of trekking in the wet and wild environment of dense rainforest.
It’s about 10 to 11 Km one way. However, it’s not really a steep trek. Anyone with little stamina will be able to do Dudhsagar trek.