Dudhsagar Jeep Ride, Tambdi Surla Waterfall Trekfrom
Dudhsagar Jeep Ride, Tambdi Surla Waterfall Trek
Dudhsagar is a majestic waterfall cascading from a great height. This trip takes us on a jeep trip to Dudhsagar along with an offbeat trek to Tambdi Surla waterfalls of the same wildlife sanctuary.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Small Group
Hello Nature Lovers!
The Sea of Milk as they call it, Dudhsagar, is a sight to behold. The waterfall located in the middle of majestic Western Ghats is surrounded by lush greenery. Dudhsagar is the fourth largest waterfall in India at a height of more than 1000 feet.
The Jeep ride starts at Mollem village, passes by thick forest, adjacent to the railway track sometimes. The 18 km up and down jeep ride of Dudhsagar falls usually takes 2 to 3 hours to finish in a leisurely way.
There is a natural pool at the bottom of the falls where we will take a refreshing dip with life jackets (when the flow is not high). Dudhsagar is so huge that a moving Train passing on a railway bridge across the backdrop of waterfalls appears like a toy!
Dudhsagar is a place where one can truly experience nature in all its glory.
Well, that’s not it.
After the Jeep ride, we will go on an amazing trek to offbeat Tambdi Surla waterfalls and take a dip yet again. This offbeat trek of 6 km in the dense forest along a stream is a delightful experience.
A relaxing Day 2 overlooking the endless Sea is what you exactly need to complement the demanding Jeep/trek of Day 1 in the mountains. We will explore Aguada Fort, and chill out on the Beaches for some time before moving back towards Bangalore.
Join us on this unique weekend trip to Dudhsagar, Tambdi Surla, and Goan Beaches.
Highlights of the Dudhsagar Jeep Trip:
- Dudhsagar Jeep trip
- Get wet in the natural pool with life jackets
- Tambdi Surla waterfalls guided trek
- Aguada Fort
- Relaxing day on the Beaches
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐2000+ reviews)
- Day 0 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, an overnight journey
- Day 1 Schedule
- Stop by and have a nice breakfast on our way.
- Cross the border and enter Goa.
- Go on a Jeep trip to Dudhsagar, play with life jackets in a natural swimming pool at the base of the falls.
- Enjoy a viewpoint of the majestic waterfalls, watch as a train passes by on the railway bridge at the top.
- Get back to the village by Jeep, check into our homestay, freshen up.
- Drive to Tambdi Surla temple, set off on a beautiful jungle trek to an offbeat waterfall, take another dip if you wish to.
- Head back to the homestay by late evening.
- Dinner, long conversations, and rest for the night.
- Day 2 Schedule
- Wake up, freshen up, and have breakfast.
- Check out of homestay, drive straight to the west coast of Goa.
- Explore the beautiful Aguada fort, visit the Sinquerim beach, and play in the water.
- Have Lunch at the beach shacks, chill out for some time exploring the streets of Goa.
- Start back to Bangalore around 4 PM.
- Day 3 Schedule
- Reach home early in the morning
- Share your beautiful story of Dudhsagar jeep trip with Tambsi Surla waterfalls trek with your friends and family
- Seasonal variations: ...
- Sept to Dec (winter): Jeeps take people up and down to Dudhsagar. Trekking is banned. However, we have offbeat waterfall Tambdi Surla which is good for trekking in these months.
- June to Aug (monsoon months): As this is peak monsoon season, only trekking is allowed. Refer to another trip itinerary: “Dudhsagar Trek with Goan Forts”
- Jan to May (winter, summer): As Dushsagar and Tambdi Surla are seasonal waterfalls, water levels would have considerably reduced. Better to avoid these months.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
Pickup points, Timings:
Tin Factory bus stop: 7:00 PM
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Near foot over bridge
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 7:20 PM
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur flyover
Domlur Bus stop: 7:30 PM
- Just in front of New Shanti Sagar Hotel
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 8:15 to 8:45 PM (based on traffic)
- Where Outer Ring Road (ORR) meets the highway
- On the service road in front of People Tree Hospital
Things to carry for Dudhsagar Jeep Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trek (to carry Lunch packet, water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Track pants, full sleeve T-shirt for the trek
- Cap/Hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our homestay
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip trekking shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the waterfalls/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday Lunch, Dinner, and misc. Expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner (all veg)
- Homestay (separate rooms for each gender)
- Dudhsagar Jeep trip, guide
- Life Jackets
- Tambdi Surla waterfall trek with guide
- Visit Aguada Fort, Beaches
- Organizer(s) from MT to look after all the activities
- Lunch, Dinner on Day 2
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc. Read it here.
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent before 48 hours of the trip start time.
- No refund if a cancellation request is sent within 48 hours of the trip start time, whatever be the reason (health, family, work issues, accident, etc.)
- No refund during or after the trip, whatever be the reason.
- No refund on the partial payment done to block your seat for the trip.
It falls under the “easy” difficulty level. Even first-timers may attempt this trek.
September to December are the best months to visit Dudhsagar by Jeep ride. Trekking mostly won’t be allowed this time. If you wish to trek, then monsoon months (June, July, August) are best.