Dandeli Water Adventures, Campingfrom
Dandeli Water Adventures from Hyderabad
– If you are looking for an adventure-filled weekend, Dandeli on the banks of river Kali is a dream destination. The place can bring out the mermaid in you!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Easy
Group Size Medium Group
Hello Adventure seekers!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Zorbing, Swimming with life jackets, etc. Each activity costs between 100 to 350 INR. A Short White Water Rafting costs approx 600 rupees. We have a window to enjoy whichever watersports you pick.
One would like to enjoy all watersports. Don’t worry about the price of individual activities. Muddie Trails tied up with local and certified adventure sports providers to give the following package at a special discounted price of 750-850/- rupees:
- Short White Water Rafting
Life jackets will be provided for all the activities. You may avail these water sports directly by paying cash over there.
Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on Saturday morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
Along with indulging in adventure activities, we will visit interesting local attractions like Dandeli backwaters that are famous to enjoy a peaceful sunset. A beautiful eco-park where a confluence of rivers Kali and Moulangi happens is a treat for the eyes. We will also visit crocodile park and Syntheri rocks formed by volcanic activity long back.
Highlights of the Dandeli Trip:
- Dandeli Water Sports Package at special discounted price
- Jungle camping
- Beautiful backwaters of Kali river
- Syntheri Rocks
- Eco-park where 2 rivers meet (Kali and Moulangi rivers)
- Crocodile park
- Music & Dance under the open sky
- Good food
- Start from Hyderabad, an overnight journey
- Board our private tourist vehicle at Hubli Bus stand
- Have a quick Breakfast
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful jungle campsite, away from the town, with all good facilities like military tents, plenty of clean washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Quick freshen up, change to water wear, pack your towel, change clothes
- Drive to the adventure land on the banks of river Kali, indulge in day-long water activities. The special discounted price of water activities is mentioned in the overview of this trip.
- Come back to the campsite for late Lunch
- Head to the scenic setting of Dandeli backwaters, get treated with a beautiful sunset
- Reach back to the camp late evening, freshen up
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will make you play nice games. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- We shall play our Music, Sing, and Dance under the open sky
- Well deserved hot Dinner both veg and non-veg
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Wake up to the chirping birds, cold breeze and misty setting of the surrounding forest
- Freshen up and have a nice Breakfast
- Take those selfies and groupfies at our lovely campsite in the fresh morning light (there are many photogenic places in and around campsite)
- Check out of our camp, head towards Syntheri rocks which are formed from a volcano, climb down many stairs and explore the place
- Try local food for Lunch. Note that Dandeli has limited options for food. Our Organizer will take you to a center, you may eat whatever you wish
- Visit Crocodile park
- Start back to Hubli by late evening,
- Board return Bus by 9:30 PM and head back to Hyderabad with beautiful memories
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your adventurous stories of the Dandeli trip and camping with friends and family.
- Non AC Sleeper or AC Volvo Semi Sleeper Bus up & down between Hyderabad and Hubli
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Dandeli (Non AC)
- Trip start time: Friday night around 7 PM
- Pickup / Drop: Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Trip end time: Monday morning around 7 AM
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for water sports.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night as its close to the forest
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like water adventures, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Best time to visit Dandeli, amazing sunsets. The hot climate throughout the day, an ideal time to play water sports, take a dip in the river/sea. Dandeli always has water as they release dam gates over the weekend.
- Sept to Jan (winter): Pleasant weather during days, slightly humid, peaceful sunsets, good to play in the water. Cold nights will give a good experience of the campfire.
- June to mid-Sept: It’s the rainy season and time to store water in the dam for the entire year. We usually don’t do Dandeli unless we get information that most watersports are happening.
- Camp (3 sharing military tents), clean washrooms
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
- Dandeli trip
- Backwaters visit of Kali river for sunset
- Local sightseeing (Eco-park, Crocodile park, Volcanic formations)
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- Social gathering with music under the open sky
- Organizer(s) from MT
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Water activities like River rafting, Jacuzzi, Kayaking etc.
- Food while traveling
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gandikota, Hampi, etc)
- For events that involve point-to-point bus/train booking, only a 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. (For places like Gokarna, Dandeli, etc)
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund if you were not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
Our stay is a well maintained private property close to the forest, away from Dandeli town. It is a peaceful, spacious place with a good feel and all the basic facilities. The tents are big enough to have space for your luggage also. The stay is beautifully lit up in the night. There are a separate dining area and campfire, music zone. It’s a good place to click selfies during day time. Don’t forget to wake up early on Sunday morning to witness serene sunrise with birds chirping around.
There are plenty of neat and clean washrooms for both men and women.
|Package Confirmed Dates||Trip Status Trip Status||Price (PP) Excluding Flights||Price (PP) Including Flights|
November 7, 2020 - November 8, 2020
Available (Starts Friday evening 7PM - Return Monday morning 7AM)
November 28, 2020 - November 29, 2020
Available (Starts Friday evening 7PM - Return Monday morning 7AM)