Dandeli Adventure Trip with Karwar Black Sand Beach | Hyderabadfrom
A weekend trip filled with adventure on the waters of river Kali in Dandeli and the Beach town of Karwar.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Adventure seekers!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Zorbing, Swimming with life jackets, etc. Each activity costs between 100 to 350 INR. A Short White Water Rafting costs approx. 600 INR. We have a window to enjoy whichever watersports you pick.
One would like to enjoy all watersports. Don’t worry about the price of individual activities. Muddie Trails tied up with local and certified adventure sports providers to give the following package at a special discounted price of 750 to 850 INR:
- Short White Water Rafting
Life jackets will be provided for all the activities. You may avail these water sports directly by paying cash over there at Dandeli.
Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on Saturday morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
After adventure activities, we will visit beautiful Dandeli backwaters that are famous to enjoy a peaceful sunset.
The next day, we shall go on a roadtrip to the coastal town of Karwar and visit a unique Black Sand Beach! The name of the beach is Tilmati (Tillu + Matti). Tillu is translated as Sesame seeds and Mati is sand in the local language Konkani. This beach offers fantastic sight of Arabian sea and the ships sailing across the ocean.
We will also visit couple of local attractions in Karwar like Warship Museum and Rock Garden.
- Dandeli Water Sports Package at special discounted price
- Private property Camping
- Beautiful backwaters of Kali river
- Karwar Black Sand Beach
- Warship Museum Karwar
- Rock Garden Karwar
- Music, Dance under open sky
- Good food (Veg and Non Veg)
- Comfortable Sleeper Travel
- Day 0 Sleeper Journey
- Board Train/Bus from Hyderabad, an overnight journey.
- Day 1 Dandeli Adventures
- Get down at Hubli Railway Station / Bus Stand, board our private tourist vehicle.
- Have a quick breakfast at a restaurant.
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful jungle campsite (private property), away from the town, with all good facilities like military tents, plenty of clean washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Quick freshen up, change to water wear, pack your towel, change clothes
- Drive to the adventure land on the banks of river Kali, indulge in day-long water activities. The special discounted price of water activities is mentioned in the overview of this trip.
- Come back to the campsite for late Lunch
- Head to the scenic setting of Dandeli backwaters, get treated with a beautiful sunset
- Reach back to the camp late evening, freshen up
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will make you play nice games. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- We shall play our Music, Sing, and Dance under the open sky
- Well deserved hot Dinner both veg and non-veg
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Karwar Beaches, Return journey
- Wake up to the chirping birds, cold breeze and misty setting of the surrounding forest
- Freshen up and have Breakfast
- Take those selfies and groupfies at our lovely campsite in the fresh morning light (there are many photogenic places in and around campsite)
- Reach the coastal town of Karwar and visit the distinct Black sand beach. The sand here looks like a black sesame seeds because of the mineral content in rocks.
- Break for Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit Warship Museum of Karwar that is made of 39 meter long warship which was used in 1971 war by Indian Navy.
- Visit Rock Garden of Karwar that showcases statue artwork of different tribes and communities.
- Start back to Hubli by evening.
- Board return Train by 9 PM and head back to HYD with beautiful memories.
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your adventurous stories of the Dandeli and Karwar trip with friends and family.
- Total slots for the trip: Usually 10 or more
- Stay: Camping at private property with clean washrooms
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (veg), 1 Dinner included (veg and non veg)
- Trek difficulty level: No trekking on this trip
Hyderabad to Hubli:
- Sleeper Non AC Train
Pick up time: 4 PM,
Pick up Locations: Nampally, Begumpet, Lingampalli
- Sleeper Bus.
Pick up time: 8.30 PM,
Pick up Location: Mahatma Gandhi Bus Stand (MGBS)
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Dandeli (Toofan/Sumo/Tempo or similar)
Hubli to Hyderabad:
- Sleeper Train.
Drop Location: Lingampalli, Begumpet, Nampally railway stations
Drop timing: Monday morning around 9 AM
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Blanket for your bus/train journey.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for water sports.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night as its close to the forest
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks a few hours before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like water adventures, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Best time to visit Dandeli, amazing sunsets. The hot climate throughout the day, an ideal time to play water sports, take a dip in the river/sea. Dandeli always has water as they release dam gates over the weekend.
- Sept to Jan (winter): Pleasant weather during days, slightly humid, peaceful sunsets, good to play in the water. Cold nights will give a good experience of the campfire.
- June to mid-Sept: It’s the rainy season and time to store water in the dam for the entire year. We usually don’t do Dandeli unless we get information that most watersports are happening.
- Travel everywhere (Sleeper Train/Bus, Private vehicle)
- Camping (3 sharing tents), Clean washrooms, Dining area
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
- Visit all the places in the “Highlights” section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain) with music
- All entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Water activities like River rafting, Jacuzzi, Kayaking etc.
- Food while traveling
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- No Luxury. We assure awesome memories every trip, but not awesome facilities.
- We provide basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule are permitted. Do not give advice(s) to the Organizer.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for trekkers. There may be snakes, scorpions, and other dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Our stay is a well maintained private property close to the forest, away from Dandeli town. It is a peaceful, spacious place with a good feel and all the basic facilities. The tents are big enough to have space for your luggage also. The stay is beautifully lit up in the night. There are a separate dining area and campfire, music zone. It’s a good place to click selfies during day time. Don’t forget to wake up early on Sunday morning to witness serene sunrise with birds chirping around.
There are plenty of neat and clean washrooms for both men and women.
October 30, 2021 - October 31, 2021
Available (Start Friday 4PM - Return Monday 8AM)
November 13, 2021 - November 14, 2021
Available (Start Friday 4PM - Return Monday 8AM)
November 27, 2021 - November 28, 2021
Available (Start Friday 4PM - Return Monday 8AM)