Dandeli Adventures with Rafting, Waterfallsfrom
Dandeli Adventure Trip from Mumbai & Pune
A weekend trip filled with adventure on the waters of river Kali in Dandeli and the picturesque Sathodi Waterfalls.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeAdventure, Weekend Trip/Trek
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Hello Mumbai and Pune!
Dandeli is an ideal weekend getaway in north Karnataka for those who love nature & water activities. The town is surrounded by thick forests and rich vegetation where rare animals and birds roam in deep valleys and hilly terrain. On the banks of the Kali river, Dandeli is truly a fascinating mix of wildlife, scenic beauty, and adventure sports.
Different water adventure sports in Dandeli include White Water Rafting, Kayaking, Jacuzzi, Boating, Swimming etc.
(Life jackets will be provided for all the activities)
Important notes on rafting:
- The status of White Water Rafting – whether it will happen or not – will only be announced by Forest/Dam authorities on Saturday morning.
- No travel company can promise it beforehand 100%.
After a day of water adventure activities & night camping at Dandeli, we will visit Sathodi Waterfalls the next day.
Join us on this great adventure!
Highlights of the Dandeli Trip:
- Dandeli Water Sports Package (White Water Rafting, Kayaking, Zip Lining, Boating, Swimming)
- Trekking in jungle
- Private property Camping stay
- Beautiful backwaters of Kali river
- Sathodi Waterfalls
- Hanging Bridge of Kali river
- Campfire with Music & Rain Dance
- Good food (Veg and Non Veg)
- Day 0 Sleeper Journey
- Board Bus from Mumbai and Pune, an overnight journey to Hubli town of Karnataka.
- Day 1 Dandeli Adventures - River Rafting, Kayaking, Swimming etc.
- Get down at Hubli Bus Stand, board our private tourist vehicle.
- Reach the adventure town of Dandeli, check in to our beautiful jungle campsite (private property), with all basic facilities like military tents, plenty of clean washrooms, dining area, campfire/music zone.
- Have heavy Breakfast.
- Quick freshen up, change to water wear.
- Head to the adventure land on the banks of river Kali, indulge in day-long water activities.
- Come back to the stay for late Lunch.
- (Time permits & optional) Head to the scenic setting of Dandeli backwaters and spend some time in a serene environment.
- Reach back to the camp late evening, freshen up.
- Bonfire at night with long conversations. Your trip leader will make you play nice games. You may also chill out and have your me-time.
- We shall play our Music, Sing, and Dance under the open sky
- Well deserved hot Dinner both Veg and Non-veg.
- Rest in your assigned tents.
- Day 2 Sathodi Waterfalls, Return journey
- Wake up to the chirping birds, cold breeze and misty setting of serene surroundings.
- Freshen up and have Breakfast.
- Take those selfies and groupfies at our lovely campsite in the fresh morning light.
- Go on a 2 hour journey to picturesque Sathodi Waterfalls. The road is totally broken for a few kilometers but after visiting Sathodi one would feel it’s all worth the pain.
- Sathodi waterfalls is located amidst thick tropical forest with lush green surroundings. Generally travelers can get in the water except for a few monsoon months. Be extra careful as the boulders can be slippery.
- Visit a beautiful hanging bridge on the river Kali, click some pictures.
- Break for a late Lunch close to Yellapur town.
- Start back to Hubli by evening.
- Board return Bus by 8 PM and head back to Mumbai and Pune with beautiful memories.
- Overnight journey, take good rest.
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your adventurous stories of the Dandeli and Sathodi Waterfalls trip from Mumbai and Pune with friends and family.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Minimum seats for trip: 6
- Stay: Camping at private property with clean washrooms
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner included (Veg & Nonveg)
- Dandeli Water Sports package included.
Travel from Mumbai/Pune:
- AC Sleeper Bus to Hubli town of Karnataka (Up and Down)
- Private tourist vehicle between Hubli and Dandeli (Toofan/Tavera/Tempo or similar)
Pick up points:
Things to carry:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Blanket for your bus/train journey.
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for water activities (to carry a water bottle, change clothes, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Shorts, T-shirt for water sports.
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to avoid getting tanned bigtime)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Any kind of sandals or shoes are fine as there is no trek
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river/sea
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night as its close to the forest
- Carry a lil bit of cash for Sunday lunch, dinner, and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- These trips involve traveling with strangers and night stays (If any). Please be mindful that:
- You will need to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) contact details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- This is a backpacking trip with physically intense experiences like water adventures, camping. Not for comfort/luxury seekers.
- Feb to May (summer): Best time to visit Dandeli, amazing sunsets. The hot climate throughout the day, an ideal time to play water sports, take a dip in the river/sea. Dandeli always has water as they release dam gates over the weekend.
- Sept to Jan (winter): Pleasant weather during days, slightly humid, peaceful sunsets, good to play in the water. Cold nights will give a good experience of the campfire.
- June to mid-Sept: It’s the rainy season and time to store water in the dam for the entire year. We usually don’t do Dandeli unless we get information that most watersports are happening.
- Travel everywhere (Sleeper Bus, Private vehicle)
- Camping stay (3 sharing tents), clean washrooms, dining area
- Food: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Veg), 1 Dinner (Veg & Non Veg)
- Dandeli Water Sports package
- Visit all the places in the “Highlights” section
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain) with music
- All entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- A hell lot of entertainment!
- Food while traveling
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform us about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to [email protected] to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
December 10, 2022 - December 11, 2022
Available (Starting Friday 8 PM - Returning Monday 6 AM)