Coorg Backpacking Tripfrom
Backpacking Coorg Trip from Hyderabad
The high mountains of Coorg offer spectacular views with dense forest, evergreen coffee estates, captivating viewpoints, and deep valleys underneath your eyes. Coorg is a feast for eyes.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Muddie Trails presents a mouth-watering experience on the Western Ghats. Coorg is a hill station located in Karnataka famous for its coffee and tea plantations. It’s called ‘The Scotland of India‘ thanks to its majestic beauty and cool climate.
An extra perk of traveling in monsoons is the clouds passing through you, or rather you passing through the clouds. Post monsoons you will get clear views, but every season has its own charm in the mountains. The valleys of Coorg are filled with tropical forests with a good amount of wildlife.
We will then head to Madikeri – the most happening town of Coorg – stop by at beautiful viewpoints, Waterfalls, and do some coffee shopping.
Next day, early in the morning we will head to Mandalpatti which is famous for bumpy Jeep trails to witness stunning scenes of high Western Ghats. We will visit Kushalnagar of Coorg, spend time at serene Elephant camp across the river Cauvery. We will Chill in the intermittent rains, cold winds, warm ourselves close by the bonfire, and taste amazing Coorgie style food. And of course, sip that Coorg coffee umpteen number of times.
It’s beautiful, pure, and peaceful out there. Coorg is a destination that cannot be missed.
Are you up for it?
Highlights of the Coorg Trip:
- Experience The Scotland of India Coorg
- Mandalpatti Jeep Ride – The best experience of Coorg.
- Coffee estate Homestay
- Golden Temple
- Abbey Waterfalls
- Raja’s Seat
- Elephant Camp
- Cold climate, Bonfire
- Good food, group activities
- Day 0 Night journey!
- Start from Hyderabad in the evening, an overnight journey to Bangalore by comfortable sleeper class train.
- Day 1 Madikeri, Abbey Falls, Raja's seat
- Get down at Bangalore railway station, switch to private vehicle.
- Stop by for Breakfast at a restaurant.
- Journey with new friends is always exciting. We can play lots of games as we move towards Scotland of India – Coorg.
- Reach Coorg homestay, quick freshen up.
- Head to Madikeri town and enjoy the panoramic views from Raja’s seat.
- Have Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Visit most awesome Abbey waterfalls that gushes down from a height of 70 feet to form a pool below that joins the Cauvery river. We also need to cross a photogenic hanging bridge to reach waterfalls.
- After spending good amount of time at falls, we will head to Madikeri town that is famous for spices, coffee, tea and honey. Shop your bags full.
- Reach back to homestay by night.
- We can either order dinner at stay or get it packed from Madikeri town (we can have fun activities till late night)
- Music, campfire with group activities through night.
- Take rest on the comfortable beds.
- Day 2 Mandalpatti Jeep ride, Elephant camp, Golden Temple
- Start the day early with misty weather, fresh morning breeze.
- Go on a bumpy Jeep ride to one of the most prettiest place in Coorg – Mandalpatti. It takes about an hour journey by 4×4 Jeep.
- After spending an hour enjoying the captivating views at the top, return to homestay and have a nice breakfast.
- Head to Kushal Nagar Dubare Elephant camp and cross Cauvery river on a boat to meet and green Tuskers (Elephants) rejuvenating at a camp close to their habitat. Here one can serve them fruits, even bath them with river water.
- Break for Lunch at a restaurant near the camp. There are many food options here.
- Visit colorful Tibetan Golden Temple which is called as Namdroling Monastery.
- Give a visit to a beautiful hidden lake and revel at the serenity of water, go around for a nature walk and explore the scenic beauty of the place.
- Start our journey back to Bangalore by evening to catch late night return Train to Hyderabad
- Day 3 Back home!
- Reach home in the morning.
- Share your beautiful Coorg weekend getaway story with your friends and family
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Slots for the trip: 6 or more.
- Stay: At our beautiful coffee estate homestay (separate rooms for each gender, and clean washrooms)
- Food: Breakfasts included. Lunch, Dinner self-sponsored.
- Trek difficulty: No trek.
- Sleeper Train between Hyderabad and Bangalore
- Trip start time: FRI evening 7:30 PM
- Private vehicle between Bangalore and Coorg
> Non-AC Innova/Sumo/Tempo or similar
- Trip end time: MON morning 11 AM
- Pickup/Drop: Kacheguda Railway Station
- Note: If you wish to return HYD early morning, then we can book AC Semi-Sleeper return Bus at extra cost. Please contact organizers for this.
Things to carry for Coorg Trip:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
- A lightweight large Backpack for the trip (no suitcase, no trolley)
- A small backpack for the trip, waterproof (to carry a water bottle, lunch packet, towel, etc)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/Hat/Sunscreen (to protect yourself from the Sun)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Power bank, charger, camera (if you wish to)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill at our campsite
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, dry/wet clothes)
- Good grip shoes or sandals
- Your personal medications, if any
- Pair of water wear to take a dip in the river
- Carrying a handwash/sanitizer/tissues will help during the trip
- Carry your jerkin/sweater – it can get cold at night
- Carry a lil bit of cash for lunches and misc. expenses
- Don’t carry expensive items. You are responsible for your own belongings.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- June to Sept (monsoon): Monsoons bring the best out of Coorg, like any other hill station. It rains persistently, filling up the streams and creating mini-waterfalls everywhere. It will be cloudy and misty everywhere.
- Oct to Jan (winter): Clouds will make way to clear blue skies. Pleasant days, colder nights. A bonfire will give an awesome experience. Plenty of water in the Cauvery river.
- Feb, May (summer): Dry climate. Still good for traveling with cheerful days and cold breeze. Landscapes are more brownish, a good time to escape Hyderabad city and its summer heat.
What is the best time to travel to Coorg?
- Coorg is a hill station for all seasons. Summers are pleasant (Feb to May), Monsoons (Jun to Sept) have their own charm. Winters (Oct to Jan) are cool. One good thing about Coorg is, there will be water in the Cauvery river in all seasons. Because of high altitude, it attracts good amounts of rain, misty clouds and has a good climate throughout the year.
- Food: 2 Breakfasts
- Visit all places mentioned in the highlights/itinerary
- Bonfire (if it doesn’t rain)
- All Entry tickets
- Trip Leader
- A lot of action and entertainment.
- Jeep charges at Mandalpatti
- Lunches and Dinners
- Any misc. expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above.
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 50% refund shall be done if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.