Chopta Chandrashila Trekfrom
Chopta New Year Party, Chandrashila Trek
Celebrate this New Year like never before in the snow capped Himalayan ranges of Chopta and Chandrashila.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeBackpacking, Camping, Trekking
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Chopta, Tungnath, and Chandrashila are destinations coming straight out of a fairy tale. While Chopta is famous for its spellbinding meadows, Tungnath is the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the Himalayas at an astonishing height of 3680 mts above sea level. It is also called the land of legends. Chandrashila is a rock face summit above Tungnath which is surrounded by great Himalayan peaks such as Mount Trishul, Nanda Devi, Bandarpunch, Chaukhamba, Mt. Kedar, and Hathi Parvat.
Winter brings heavy snowfall to these places and turns it into a dreamland. The white carpet of snow one gets to experience is simply fascinating.
The Deoria Tal is famous for its crystal clear emerald water and an ideal trek for beginners as the relatively easy terrain makes you enjoy the magnificent scenery. This trek offers an air-plane view of the villages around, the fragrance of nature and real treat from the busy city life that you took a break from!
If you are an adventure buff and explorer, wait no more, as this is your trip!
- The mind blowing Chandrashila snow trek
- 360 degrees view of Mt Trishul, Nanda Devi, Hathi Parvat and other Himalayan peaks
- World’s highest Shiva temple
- 3 nights of stay in the heavenly Chopta base camp
- The pristine Deoria Tal (Himalayan lake) trek
- New Year eve with fun activities at the Base camp.
Join us on:
Check us out on:
(4.9 ⭐200+ reviews)—– (4.8 ⭐950+ reviews)
Join us on:
- Day 1: (Dehradun Airport / Rishikesh Railway station to Chopta Base Camp) Schedule
- You may reach Dehradun Airport or Rishikesh Busstand/railway station by morning 7 AM.
- We shall start our journey to Chopta valley. Brief stop for Breakfast. We advise you to take light food as the journey is full of twists and turns.
- This picturesque drive covers 220 kms in 8 hours through the Himalayas.
- Check into our beautiful Campsite, freshen up.
- Today is a leisurely day to get acquainted with the altitude and cold climate.
- You may go for short walks around the meadows, interact with locals who are really friendly, click some photographs of picturesque surroundings.
- Take good rest in your tents after dinner.
- Day 2: (Chopta to Deoria Tal Trek) Schedule
- Wake up early morning, freshen up and have Breakfast. Remember our mornings will start early and evenings will end early in the mountains 🙂
- Today we will go on an easy trek to Deoria Tal, a majestic lake in the lap of Himalayas.
- We will be climbing up an elevation of almost 450 metres which will translate to 3 Km trek.
- This trek offers an air-plane view of the villages around, thrills you with the fragrance of nature and real break from the busy city life that you took a break from!
- Deorio Tal gives a clear view of Chaukhamba peak. Infact, on a clear day one gets to see a perfect reflection of the mountain on the lake. This is heavenly.
- After spending a good amount of time enjoying the pretty locations, we shall descend to the Base camp.
- We will arrange a special Dinner for New Year eve with group activities and Bonfire.
- Day 3: (Chopta to Tungnath, Chandrashila Trek) Schedule
- Rise-up to the mountain morning! This is going to be a challenging day with a fantastic trek that is full of stories and legends.
- This 6 km trek takes about 5 hours to climb up.
- Our first destination is Tungnath – World’s highest Shiva temple standing at 3680 metres above sea level.
- Then we shall move ahead to Chandrashila peak nestled around gigantic peaks of Himalayas such as Mt Trishul and Nanda Devi.
- The sight of snow capped Himalayas such as Bandarpunch will captivate you.
- You wouldn’t want to come back. But we will descend after registering this scene in our memories.
- Reach back to Chopta base camp, take well deserved rest after a hot Dinner.
- Day 4: (Chopta back to Rishikesh / Dehradun Airport) Schedule
- Early morning Breakfast will end our romance with this wonderful destination.
- We shall move towards the Railway station / Airport with joyful memories.
- You may book your flights / train after 8 PM
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Trek Distance: 6 Km trek on Day2, 12 Km trek on Day3 (both sides)
- Max altitude: 13,000 feet above Sea level
Pick up points, timings:
- Pickup/Drop point: Dehradun Airport, Rishikesh Bus stand / Railway station
- Starting time: Wednesday 6 AM
- Ending time: Saturday 8 PM
- You may book Flight to Dehradun or Train to Rishikesh from your City
Things to Pack:
- Toiletries, moisturizer, light towel, lip balm, wet wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste,
- A lightweight large Backpack for the entire trip (60 litres or more)
- A small backpack for basic items (to carry valuables, water bottle etc when trekking)
- Photo identity proof with address (Aadhar/Passport/Voter ID)
- Thermal inners and warm clothes (very cold climate)
- Rain proof jacket with a hood (to protect from cold winds, sudden rain/snow fall)
- Waterproof gloves, thick socks, track pants, full sleeve t-shirts (to keep your body warm)
- Cap/Hat (you may get tanned because of high altitude direct sun rays)
- Sunglasses (important as snow reflects harmful UV rays)
- Sunscreen (SPF 50 or more)
- Power bank, charger, camera, binoculars (if you wish to)
- Hand sanitizer and liquid hand wash (facilities over there are very basic)
- Proper water bottle for your trip. You may fill water at our Camp.
- Disposable garbage covers (To separate used/unused, wet/dry clothes)
- Water resistant, good grip shoes for trekking, extra slippers to use at Camp.
- Personal medications, any drugs that you may feel necessary (remember high altitude, ghat roads, chill climate)
- A Binoculars would be handy to have close view of Himalayan peaks
- Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand Terms & Conditions that explain complexities of this trip before booking.
- Travelers are expected to come with an open heart, with a mindset to respect local culture, show some care towards the environment and climate change.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared through a Whatsapp group on the trip day.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in group once it starts at first point.
- Please save Muddie Trails Whatsapp number 9827032009 to receive above updates.
- Travel: Private vehicle like Sumo/Tavera/Tempo or similar
- Stay for 3 Nights at our luxury Campsite
- Food during the trek days: Breakfasts, Lunches, Snacks (Veg) and Dinners (Veg & Non Veg)
- Luxury Tent with mattress, blankets, proper washrooms, hot water bucket once a day
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Local Trek Guides
- A lot of stories related to the trek. Group activities and a lot of memories!
- Food while traveling by vehicle
- Any kind of insurance, activities, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time.
- No refund within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- Registration fee or partial payment which is done to book your slot is non-refundable.
- No refund if you drop out because of COVID.
- No refund if you are not allowed to join the trip while boarding due to COVID symptoms. Refer to this COVID blog for details.
- No refund if the event is cancelled/postponed because of COVID-induced lockdown/restrictions imposed by the government. In this case, your trip amount shall be used as credit for future trips.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.