Chitradurga Fort Trekfrom
Chitradurga Fort Trek
– A day trip to the historical Chitradurga fort with interesting stories and a man-made caves exploration.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Easy
- Group Size Medium Group
Chitradurga Fort, located at a distance of 200 km from Bangalore, that falls right on the Bangalore Mumbai highway is a fort of many interesting stories. The name Chitradurga translates to “picturesque”. True to its name, this fort offers beautiful views of the nearby hills. It has a tinge of history as well as mythology that dates back to Mahabharata.
Carvings of the “Edicts of Ashoka” that date to the 3rd century BC have been found at the fort, and a legendary duel described in the Mahabharata between the hero Bhima and the man-eating demon Hidimbasura is said to have taken place on its grounds. The Fort is famous for its massive Kallina Kote (Palace of Stone) fort, a marvel of military architecture made impregnable by the Nayaka rulers.
This fort has seen many kings, from the Chalukyas to Hoysalas and the Vijayanagara kings to Hyder Ali to the British. The fort has 19 gateways, 38 posterior entrances, 35 secret entrances, four invisible passages, water tanks, and 2000 watch towers to guard and keep a vigil on the enemy incursions. The storage warehouses, pits, and reservoirs were primarily designed to ensure that the food, water, and military supplies were sufficient enough to endure a long siege. Quite surprisingly, all these facilities have been well conserved until today.
It’s a fascinating place to travel and know about the rich history behind it.
Highlights of the Chitradurga Trip:
- Chitradurga Fort with guide
- Caves exploration
- Day 1 Schedule
- Start from Bangalore, stop by for breakfast on our way.
- A journey of just 3 hours after we exit the city will take us to the base of Chitradurga.
- We shall explore the fort with a guide.
- Have our lunch at a local restaurant, explore man-made caves.
- Start back to Bangalore, reach by late evening.
- Seasonal variations: ...
- June to Sept (monsoon months): Intermittent rains may invite us to the Chitradurga fort.
- Oct to Feb (winter, pre-summer): Pleasant, dry climate. Good time to visit the fort.
- March to May (summer): Since days are hot in summer, we usually avoid Chitradurga.
- What's next after booking your trip: ...
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks night before the trip.
- You may say hi to other trekkers and get prepared for the trip.
- We will set expectations about the trip, remind you of important Terms & Conditions.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Tempo or mini-bus depending on final numbers (Non-AC)
Pickup points, Timings:
Tin Factory bus stop: 6:00 AM
- Towards HP Petrol pump side
- Near foot over bridge
Indiranagar 100 Feet Road: 6:15 AM
- Opposite Barbeque Nation
- Just in front of Domlur flyover
Koramangala Sony World Signal: 6:25 AM
- Just in front of Manyavar
- On 80 Feet Road
Goraguntepalya Metro station bus stop: 7:20 AM
- Where Outer Ring Road (ORR) meets the highway
- On the service road in front of People Tree Hospital
Things to carry for Chitradurga Trip:
- A small backpack (water bottle, snacks, etc)
- Poncho or rainproof jacket with a hood (from June to September)
- Cap/hat (to avoid getting tanned)
- Sunglasses (to keep your eyes fresh)
- Proper water bottle for your trip.
- Good grip shoes or sandals for bouldery terrain
What’s next after booking your trip:
- A Whatsapp group shall be created on the trip day and Vehicle & Trip Leader details will be shared.
- This trip involves traveling with strangers and night stays (if any). Please be mindful that:
- It is mandatory to share your personal information with the team along with a copy of your government approved ID card.
- You will need to share your co-traveler(s) details if you have booked more than one seat.
- Live location of the vehicle will be sent in the group once it starts at the first point.
- Food: 1 Breakfast
- Fort entry charges
- Local guide
- Caves entry charges, guide
- Organizer(s) from MT
- Any misc expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund/100% postponement if you inform about your cancellation before 48 hours of the event start time. An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund/postponing is allowed within 48 hours of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, Accident, Covid, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund/postponing is allowed for partial payment – booking fee – which is done to book your slot.
- No refund during/after the event.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.
It can be visited in all seasons except peak summer.