Brahmatal Snow Trek (Winter Special – 6D/5N)from
Brahmatal Trek | Himalayas | 6 Days, 5 Nights
– A world unbelievably white, a panorama incredibly stunning. If you wish to experience snow trekking for the first time in your life, no better place to start than Brahmatal.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Medium Group
Brahmatal is a high altitude frozen lake trek of the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand, towards Nepal and Tibet borders. It’s one of the rare Himalayan peaks available for trekking winter months that takes you on a thick carpet of snow and the snow-covered mountains all around. It’s a great winter trek for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
The uneven terrain, captivating landscapes, sprawling oak forests, hushed hamlets, crystal clear streams, conifers, and a mesmerizing view of the Himalayas have added attractions while reaching 12,200 feet above Sea level covering around 22 Km overall distance of the circuit. The stunning view of the frozen lake of Bekaltal on the backdrop of majestic snow-capped Himalayan peaks is an added attraction that one cannot miss.
A clear glimpse of Mount Trishul, Mt. Nanda Ghunti as we trek along the hamlets and streams is the icing on the cake. The best thing is, this trek is good for beginners also. Anyone with basic fitness levels can attempt Brahmatal.
We will start with a drive from Dehradun to Lohajung village on day 1 which is slightly tiring yet beautiful. You can see snow-capped mountains, free-flowing rivers, and greenery for hours together. The long journey also helps trekkers to slowly acclimatize to higher altitudes.
Our basecamp is a small little village called Lohajung. From here we will trek to Bekaltal through beautiful meadows and snow-covered trails on Day 2, scale Brahmatal peak on Day 3 with fascinating snow-capped mountains all around, and descend to Lohajung via Tilbudi and Brahmatal pass on Day 4. Finally, we will head back to Lohajung on Day 5. The complete trek path is like a circuit (round trail).
From cloudy blue skies to snowfall to awesome mountain range views, we get to witness everything at Brahmatal. Come, let’s conquer one of the most beautiful mountains of the mighty Himalayas.
Highlights of the Brahmatal Trip:
- The spellbinding Brahmatal snow trek
- 3 nights of stay in the snow-clad Camps
- The frozen Bekal Tal Lake attraction
- Highly rated winter snow trek can be done with basic fitness levels
- Clear views of Mt Trishul and Mt Nanda Ghunti during the trek
- Day 1 (Sunday) Dehradun to Lohajung
- You may reach Dehradun Airport or Bus stand by morning 7 AM.
- Note: Some travelers would want to arrive in Dehradun a day earlier. We can help in suggesting hotels for them).
- We shall start our journey from Dehradun to Lohajung village after Breakfast.
- This picturesque drive covers 300 km through the amazing landscapes of Himalayas and takes around 10 hrs by our private vehicle.
- We will reach a guest house, check-in and take good rest.
- Day 2 (Monday) Trek from Lohajung to Bekaltal
- Today you will move from an altitude of 7600 feet to 9700 feet above Sea level.
- This uphill trek of just over 6 km takes approximately 5 hours to finish.
- We will be passing through jungle trails, tranquil meadows will come across mountain villagers carrying firewood and leaves for their household work, and mules going up and down carrying camping equipment for trekkers.
- We will come across natural spring and man-made water points along the way.
- We shall go to Bekaltal frozen lake for an evening walk.
- Camp overnight with long conversations and stories.
- Day 3 (Tuesday) Bekaltal to Brahmatal
- Today we will move from an altitude of 9700 feet to 10,500 feet above Sea level.
- The 7 km trek takes around 7 hours to finish.
- The First 1 and half hours are steep ascents via Bekaltal Lake, then gradual ascent for a few hours.
- At last steep descent and then gradual descent till the campsite.
- The night sky is so pretty and the climate is really cold at this point. We will try to light up a warm bonfire to keep the heat flowing in our bodies if allowed at that time.
- We will get to witness Shivalik and Greater Himalayan ranges today.
- Camp overnight.
- Day 4 (Wednesday) Brahmatal Peak, Back to Camp
- Today is the most beautiful day of our entire trip as we move from an altitude of 10500 feet to 12200 feet which is the summit of Brahmatal.
- Today’s long trek will take around 6 hours with 7 km of uphill and flat trail combination along with the magnificent Rhododendron and Oak Forest.
- We will conquer Brahmatal and revel at the beauty of snow-capped Himalayas. The 360-degree view from the top is simply unforgettable.
- The views of Mount Trishul, Neelkanth and other snow-capped Himalayan peaks touch your heart and soul.
- We then descend to our Brahmatal base campsite.
- Day 5 (Thursday) Brahmatal to Lohajung
- We descend further to 7600 feet to reach base point Lohajung where we started our journey 3 days back.
- The gradual and steep hike down will take approximately 8 hours covering distance of 9km.
- A walking stick and knee caps will help a lot today as we fall down a number of times 😉
- We will stay in a cozy guest house today reliving the memories of the trek and going through the breathtaking pictures we took.
- After staying at snow clad camps for past few nights, you will really feel home at staying in the guest house with beds and blankets.
- Social gathering in the night one last time.
- Day 6 (Friday) Journey back to Dehradun
- Freshen up and head back to Dehradun as we stop over at numerous points cherishing the journey.
- We shall reach Dehradun town by evening 6 to 7 PM. You may book your return tickets any time after 8 PM.
- Say Bye to your new friends, with whom you shared an unforgettable journey for the past few days and together witnessed a masterpiece of mother nature called Brahmatal.
- This trip involves basic facilities in terms of food, travel, and stay without any luxury, whatsoever.
- This is a group trip with shared model. It may not suit everyone – especially for those expecting privacy and comfort. It best suits for people who wish to socialize.
- Please do not book this trip if you are not okay with above points.
- Stay: Guesthouse, Camping
- Food: Breakfasts, Lunches, and Dinners included during the Trek (all veg)
- Trek difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Trek distance: 24 km covered in 4 days
- Max altitude: 12,250 feet above Sea level
Pickup points, Timings:
- Pickup/Drop point: Dehradun Bus Stand/Railway Station/Airport
- Starting time: Day1 – 7 AM
- Ending time: Day6 – 8 PM
- You may book Flight/Bus till Dehradun from your City in India
Things to carry for Brahmatal Trip:
- Day Bag(20-30 liter) with Rain Cover (If you hire mule or porter)
- Backpack(50-60 liter) with Rain Cover
- 2- water bottles
- Personal Medical kit (If you required)
- Hiking Shoes-water proof and ankle support
- Torch With extra batteries
- Original ID Card
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, and nuts
- An empty tiffin box
- Thermal Wear
- 2-jacket (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Warm Inner-wears
- 2-Gloves (1 Woollen, 1 Waterproof)
- 2-Trek Pants (which is a comfortable full day)
- 4-T-shirts (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- 2-Sweater (1 Fleece, 1 Woollen)
- 5-Socks (3 Cotton, 2 Woollen)
- Rain Coat / Poncho
Protect Your Head
- 2- Caps (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woollen Cap)
- UV sunglass
- Sunscreen Cream
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Lip Balm
- Quick Dry Towel
- Body Lotion
- Toilet Paper
- Crocin or Dolo 650 – ( Fever / High Fever )
- Combliflam – ( Fever + Reduce Muscle Pain )
- Zintac/Aciloc/Rantac/ Omez ( Acidity)
- Allegra ( Allergy )
- Disprin ( for headache, try not to use at high altitude. instead drink more water and rest. ** Symptom of AMS, DO NOT SUPPRESS )
- Antibiotics ( Azithromycin) ( for infections. Do not take antibiotics when at high altitude. Descend if the problem persists)
Misc for Snow and Cold
- Sunscreen SPF 50+
- Based on the availability, following items may be availed on rent at our base camp: Shoes, Jacket, Trek poles, Poncho, Gloves, Mules/Porter.
- Please check with your organizers for availability.
What’s next after booking your trip:
- Organizers will get in touch with you, or vice versa.
- Once minimum number of people book this trip (at least 4 members), Organizing team will give a green signal to book your flights.
- A Whatsapp group will be created for all the registered folks 5 days before the event.
Fitness & Preparation:
- One needs to prepare for any treks in the Himalayas (even though a trek like Brahmatal may be done by beginners).
- It is recommended to achieve minimal fitness of being able to jog for 5 km without taking any break to attempt any trek in the Himalayas.
- No major health issues shall be present like Asthma, any breathing problem, Heart problems, High blood pressure or any other special medical condition.
- Only those people who understand the complexity of Himalayan travel and treks are advised to book this trek.
- Brahmatal is an offbeat place with basic facilities. Travelers are expected to carefully read and understand the Terms & Conditions that explain the complexities of this trip before booking.
- Travelers are expected to come with an open heart, respect local culture, care towards the environment and climate change, and are willing to help each other.
- Other trekkers may tag along with us for Kedarkantha if we (or them) are small in numbers. (We don’t want to cancel the trip as you would have booked your flight tickets.)
- Travel: Dehradun to Lohajung to Dehradun by Private vehicle (Sumo/Tavera/Tempo or similar)
- Stay for 5 Nights (2 nights guesthouse, 3 nights camping)
- Food during the trek days: Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners – all Veg
- Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, Tent, Mattress, Kitchen & Toilet tent, Crampons, Utensils
- Entry tickets, permissions
- Trek Guide, Cook, Helpers who are familiar with local conditions and routes
- A lot of stories related to the trek. Group activities and a lot of memories!
- Food while traveling
- Any kind of insurance, activities, shopping, party, medical expenses
- Any misc. expenses that are not in inclusions above
Terms and Conditions
- The itinerary is fixed. No special requests to change itinerary/schedule shall be entertained. Do not give advice(s) to the Trip Leader(s) to change the itinerary.
- Cooperate with the organizer(s) in following the schedule set for the day (especially getting up and getting ready in the morning). This will ensure travelers won’t miss out on the real fun part that is traveling.
- Every traveler is responsible for his/her for your own safety. Don’t indulge in any illegal or silly activity that causes harm to you or fellow travelers.
- Do not wander into the forest away from the designated trail for treks. There may be snakes, scorpions, and dangerous animals.
- Unexpected situations: It may happen we do not cover all the places mentioned in the itinerary because of unpredictable reasons like bad weather, landslides, wild animal presence, abrupt blocking of sites by the police/forest department, delay in travel because of an issue with our group itself, traffic conditions, etc. In most cases, if the time permits, the organizer(s) will take travelers to an alternative place. But in some cases, we may have to skip a place altogether.
- Absolutely no littering. We swear to protect our environment.
- No alcohol & smoking during travel, treks, and other outdoor activities. There would be a separate window and space (usually at night) to have these at the campsite/homestay for interested people.
- Travelers are expected to respect each other and help each other. Avoid discussing sensitive matters like sex, politics, and religion/caste/race.
- Using foul or abusive language, eve-teasing, arguing with fellow travelers/organizer(s), and/or involving in the physical assault will not be accepted and will stand a chance of being deserted by the group then and there.
- The event will stand canceled if less than 8 travelers signed up for the trip/trek which will be informed 24 hours before the trip start time.
- Every traveler is expected to sign a liability/waiver form given by the organizer(s) after boarding the vehicle. This liability form will discharge Muddie Trails of any unexpected incident like injury/death/theft etc.
Cancellation by Traveler
- 80% refund if a cancellation request is sent 30 days before the trip start date.
- 50% refund if a cancellation request is sent between 30 to 15 days before the trip start date.
- An email has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a cancellation request.
- No refund within 15 days of the event start time whatever is the reason (Health, COVID, Accident, Family crisis, Office issue, or anything else).
- No refund during/after the event.
- No refund on the partial payment (advance) done to block your seat for the trip.
Cancellation by Muddie Trails
Muddie Trails may decide to cancel the event if there are less than 3 travelers signed up for the trip/trek.
What if we don’t get the minimum number of people for the trip?
We have 2 options in this case:
Option 1: Complete refund.
Option 2: Switch to any other trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
Cancellation due to external factors
Muddie Trails may have to cancel the event in case of external factors that are beyond our control like Natural Disasters, Extreme Weather Conditions, Red Alerts, Political Disturbances, Bandh/Curfews, Local Issues, Road Blocks, Train cancellations, Covid-19 or any other disease outbreaks etc.
In these scenarios:
- No Refund is allowed.
- 100% trip amount can be used for any other new trip of the same weekend or future weekends. The difference amount will be collected from you or paid back according to the new trip cost.
- Once you confirm your participation on the new trip, all the above Cancellation policies will apply for the same.